Legacy Twin

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

atvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Last summer my friend asked me to aim a dish for him. He had a dish looking only at 119. He was given what I believe is a Legacy Twin. He has a Dish 301 receiver. I could not get the receiver to see 2 Sats at all, only one. I have had no problems aiming Dish Pro equipment. We gave up and aimed for 119 only. Does this Legacy Twin need a 21 switch? What am I missing here? The check switch did not seem to recognize that the dish was looking for 2 Sats. Thanks for any help. :confused:

The check switch will not pick up a sat if it is not getting a signal from. Your problem could be anything from the mast not being level to the skew being off to you getting a sat through the wrong side of the lnb. The dish could be off a lot or just need a tweak. What is the signal strengths you are getting?

When you do a check switch what should it say? Would it say Legacy twin? It has been a long time since the install, I was visiting there Sunday and it got brought up again because they do not get the locals that are on 110. From what I remember, the receiver acted like a single LNB was connected to it. Does a Legacy Twin have a internal switch like the Dish Pro Twin? I told my friend to buy a new Dish Pro 500 for $50 at the time , but he got a free old dish from a relative. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts