SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Less Green; More Blu: Warner BOGO Update
Posted December 5, 2007 by Iceman

movies.gif
Yesterday we reported on Warner's new BOGO sale currently being offered at Amazon.com. As of today, Amazon has updated this BOGO offering with additional Warner titles. Among the new titles is the blockbuster 300 and other popular favorites such as Troy, Goodfellas, the Best of Blu-ray Sets and more.

Amazon BOGO Blu-ray Sale

Source: Blu-ray.com | Permalink
Link: Blu-ray.com - Less Green; More Blu: Warner BOGO Update

Damn it! I wasn't too interested in the first round of titles. Now I just bought 6 movies. :D

These BOGOs will be the death of me! (or at least my wallet)

It reminds me of the early days of DVD. Buy a player, get 5 movies, BOGO here, BOGO there. Six months later, you have 50 movies and are on dvdpricesearch every week ordering the new releases.

Oh, please. They have just as many HD-DVD BOGOs. Not to mention, they're giving away 10 movies with a player purchase now.

I've been following alot of the sales over the months. Can you specify one ad that had BOGO for HDDVD? And if that were the case it does not nearly match the BOGO sales for BD

Disk sales are completely different than say dumping cheap players on the market.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Honestly are you pinning all your hopes on JSP buying the el chepo $89 player from Wal-mart and then expect him to come back and pay $30 per movie?

I'll take the guy who has the disposable income to pay for the mid to high priced players, he is the one that you need to count on at this stage in the adoption of the new format.

Sony in a unique position not only they a CE manufacturer but they also create content, Toshiba can't say that. This is one of they reasons that they are at a competitive disadvantage.

I saw this and was wonderin why it was in the warzone and not the BD deals... guess I see why from reading. Anyway there hasn't been a single BOGO on HD DVD just a B2G1 on amazon that lasted less than a week. I'd be up for this if I didn't have almost all of the titles available in one format or another.

OK, first of all, I take back previous comments I've made about Warner not participating in BOGO. Now that I see this page, I realize I've seen it before... :)

Second, that seems like a pretty weak set of titles - at least for my preferences. Then again, I guess they don't have to give away the better ones...

EDIT: At second glance, I guess the first couple rows are pretty good...

Last edited:
I don't recall any HD DVD BOGO sales. I remember one, maybe two "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sales.

They do give away the free movies with a player purchase, but Blu is doing that also. Wal-Mart had 10 or 12 free movies with a PS3 a week or so ago.

They do give away the free movies with a player purchase, but Blu is doing that also. Wal-Mart had 10 or 12 free movies with a PS3 a week or so ago.

I could be wrong, but I think HD-DVD was the first on that bandwagon... and Wal-Mart is doing the same thing (10 with an A2 or 12 with an A3) this week for HD-DVD.

They can have all the BOGO offers they want, just don't mislead the public by scanning the free disk as $0.00 sales thus skewing the numbers. Until then its a underhanded practice, makes me think they have something to hide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)