Let's be proactive in this...

Corkykn

Original poster
Dec 8, 2007
Now that I'm over my initial "mad" at all of the stuff Sky Angel is doing to everyone, I'd like to suggest that we put some "good, Christian" pressure on to see if some of the programming can be transferred to DISH. I say DISH since I believe that most of us had to purchase their equipment to use Sky Angel, and it would save us $$ in simply having to re-position or replace a dish. (I was informed by DISH, that with an 18 month commitment to their family program, there would be a $59.99 charge to re-position or replace my dish.)

My suggestion is that everyone who currently has DISH equipment
write a kind, non-Sky Angel bashing email to DISH Network. Some of you have taken this step already. A simple comment that Sky Angel is no longer meeting our needs, along with a request that they add more religious channels to the Family Package would be sufficient. For those who prefer no secular channels, you could also request that a new Spiritual Values Program be added.

IMHO, my hubby and I enjoy watching some of the programing that is broadcast on secular channels - and have no trouble spitting out some seeds or simply not watching programs that we feel are inappropriate. That said, I would not subscribe to their 100 channel thing for all the gold in China! :) I do very much enjoy Fox News, however, and the Family Package is the only one of the lower-priced DISH packages that features Fox News programming.

I agree with the opinion of several on this forum that the secular world can be reached for Christ much better by having some great religious broadcasting mingled with secular broadcasting.

(My email to DISH last night to suggest they add GTN to their lineup was answered by early this a.m. in a very satisfactory manner. I have yet to get a reply via either snail mail or email to Sky Angel!!! They will be referring such comments to the programming department, who will undoubtedly listen if they receive enough emails.) I also wrote a short email to GTN, asking them to consider adding their programming to DISH. You could suggest any programming you prefer to them.

I understand that a Sky Angel article appeared in the Naples, Florida newspaper. The reporter for that article could be emailed and asked to check out the two Sky Angel forums of which I'm aware on the net. Again, I think it's important that we don't practice slander or Sky Angel bashing - just the fact that Sky Angel no longer will meet your needs would suffice or even that people are unhappy with their business practices.... and you could have them check out the feelings on sattelliteguys.us board and the DBStalk board for themselves.

I think there is positive power in being proactive on the internet - but we do want to project a good image in the process. (And that, admittedly, from someone whose image was pretty lousy this past week over this whole thing! :rolleyes:

I agree with everything Corkykn states except that you should email ceo@echostar.com, not the email address given for customer service on the web site. I tried that and got nowhere. I emailed the ceo address and received a response within 4 hours. By the way, they stated they are contemplating a Christian programming package that would be implemented when Sky Angel terminates satellite service. I also urge every Dish customer who values satellite Christian-based programming to write to ceo@echostar.com and express your opinion.

Now that I'm over my initial "mad" at all of the stuff Sky Angel is doing to everyone, I'd like to suggest that we put some "good, Christian" pressure on to see if some of the programming can be transferred to DISH. I say DISH since I believe that most of us had to purchase their equipment to use Sky Angel, and it would save us $$ in simply having to re-position or replace a dish. (I was informed by DISH, that with an 18 month commitment to their family program, there would be a $59.99 charge to re-position or replace my dish.)

My suggestion is that everyone who currently has DISH equipment
write a kind, non-Sky Angel bashing email to DISH Network. Some of you have taken this step already. A simple comment that Sky Angel is no longer meeting our needs, along with a request that they add more religious channels to the Family Package would be sufficient. For those who prefer no secular channels, you could also request that a new Spiritual Values Program be added.

IMHO, my hubby and I enjoy watching some of the programing that is broadcast on secular channels - and have no trouble spitting out some seeds or simply not watching programs that we feel are inappropriate. That said, I would not subscribe to their 100 channel thing for all the gold in China! :) I do very much enjoy Fox News, however, and the Family Package is the only one of the lower-priced DISH packages that features Fox News programming.

I agree with the opinion of several on this forum that the secular world can be reached for Christ much better by having some great religious broadcasting mingled with secular broadcasting.

(My email to DISH last night to suggest they add GTN to their lineup was answered by early this a.m. in a very satisfactory manner. I have yet to get a reply via either snail mail or email to Sky Angel!!! They will be referring such comments to the programming department, who will undoubtedly listen if they receive enough emails.) I also wrote a short email to GTN, asking them to consider adding their programming to DISH. You could suggest any programming you prefer to them.

I understand that a Sky Angel article appeared in the Naples, Florida newspaper. The reporter for that article could be emailed and asked to check out the two Sky Angel forums of which I'm aware on the net. Again, I think it's important that we don't practice slander or Sky Angel bashing - just the fact that Sky Angel no longer will meet your needs would suffice or even that people are unhappy with their business practices.... and you could have them check out the feelings on sattelliteguys.us board and the DBStalk board for themselves.

I think there is positive power in being proactive on the internet - but we do want to project a good image in the process. (And that, admittedly, from someone whose image was pretty lousy this past week over this whole thing! :rolleyes:

I sent an email to ceo@echostar.com asking if Echostar had any plans for Christian and family programing on E*3. I told them that since I owned my dish and receiver I was curious as to whether it had any future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts