Letterman recording problem

There must be a problem with the Dish provided local channels. I had a tech out yesterday and he has not seen the problem before and thinks that a priority issue, someone in my hosue must be stopping the recording, or a neighbor with the same remote code. It sounds like the technicians are not talking to eachother so the problem gets solved.

Yes, I had a problem this past Wednesday for the first time in maybe a couple of months. I no longer record Letterman via the Dish provided feed, however, my recording of Ugly Betty stopped after two minutes. Fortunately I noticed it and was able to record the remainder of the program since it was still in the buffer. Up-was you problem with Letterman?

Bobl, we must have the same taste in TV shows. :) I've been out of town, and when I got back, I see the Ugly Betty episodes that were recorded (off of the Dish provided ABC station) stopped at 10:02 as well.

This week, I also set up an recording off the OTA ABC station, but unlike the problem we had before with Letterman, this time the OTA also stopped at 10:02.

Good thing Ugly Betty is available to watch on the ABC web site, or I would have missed the episodes.

The problem with Ugly Betty occurred again this week at the exact same time (it was OK the past two weeks). Time for another call to Dish Technical Support.

I had no problem last night with either of my recordings (one from the Dish feed, one OTA) of Ugly Betty.

Three of my recordings were messed up this week. The recordings were all on the Dish provided NBC4 local channel.
Days of Our Lives Monday 1-2 on NBC4 in DC stopped after 11 minutes
Days of Our Lives Wednesday 1-2 on NBC4 in DC stopped after 33 minutes
The Today Show on Wednesday 7-11 on NBC4 started 13 minutes late
I don't know what to do about this problem. It would be nice if Dish would give us the 922 for free.

This problem is still occurring. I recorded Ugly Betty this week off of Dish's delivered HD version of KGO. It stopped two minutes into the recording. Since I now watch the progress of this recording I immediately restarted it manually when I saw the red recording light go out. The recording proceeded along fine until about forty minutes into the program when it stopped again. I restarted the recording again and then had to manually stop the recording at the end of the program. I got all of the program but in three pieces. This is the first time a program which stopped in this manner was stopped twice (the program schedule says the first two short recording segments were stopped by user 1 which is untrue). I need to call Dish again regarding this problem. Will post any information I get. Any others still seeing this problem?

I called Dish this week and I explained the problem stating the the OTA records fine The rep told me that he will forward it to the engineers. I am not being too hopeful. I think that my locals come off of 61.5, so maybe there is a problem with that?

We have been having this problem off and on for several weeks. It usually happens at 10:02 recording either CSI-NY or Ugly Betty. Last night we moved Ugly Betty to the OTA tunner thinking it would be ok. Well at 10:04 it stopped. Luckley we caught it and recorded the rest ok. So dont think you are safe recording from the OTA antenna.

i have been having this problem for quite a while with Letterman cutting off at the 29 minute mark. i live in Colorado Springs and record from the Dish supplied local channel on a VIP 612. It is usually only 1 or 2 times per week but is really frustrating. As of last week it was still happening. i haven't tried recording OTA.... maybe i will give that a shot.

I was out of town last month, and just returned. I'm seeing the same thing bobl has reported. On 3/10 and last night (3/31) Ugly Betty recorded just find from both the satellite and OTA. However, on 3/17 and 3/24 the satellite recording stopped at 10:02, but the OTA was fine. Also on 3/17 and 3/24, my satellite recording of L&O:SVU also stopped at 10:02. On the other dates it was fine.

Letterman stopped recording last night at 12:03. This was from KPIX OTA, the first time an OTA recording had this problem. Probably related to the move of the Dish HD feed of KPIX to Echostar 14?

Problem wasn't technical-it was guide related. Guide indicated Letterman from 11:35 to 12:00 because of the Echostar 14 transition. I recorded from OTA so the program was still on but the guide info. was wrong so it stopped recording at 12:03 (I add 3 minutes to the end of this recording).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)