LIL Markets still not on Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Local Markets still not served by Dish Network http://ekb.dbstalk.com/sdlocaldetail.htm

Alexandria, LA Market # 179
--NBC, ABC, PBS (Fox station claims the market but is actually licensed to Jackson MS market)

Alpena, MI Market # 208
--CBS, PBS (repeater of a station already on Dish)

Bend, OR Market # 194
--NBC, Fox, PBS (repeater of station already on Dish)

Biloxi/Gulfport, MS Market # 160 (Market completed if combined with adjacent Hattiesburg market)
--ABC, Fox, PBS (Repeater of station already AVAILABLE to that market on Dish)

Binghamton, NY Market # 157
--ABC, CBS, NBC(LP), Fox, PBS, MyTV(LP)

Bluefield/Beckley/Oak Hill, WV Market # 150
--ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS (repeater of station already on Dish), Ind

Bowling Green, KY Market # 183
--ABC NBC, PBS (College station), PBS (repeater of station already on Dish)

Columbus, GA Market # 128
--ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CW, PBS/APT (repeater of station already AVAILABE to AL residents), PBS/GPT (repeater of station already AVAILABLE to GA residents)

Elmira, NY Market # 173
ABC, NBC, Fox. New PBS station to come on the air this year is a repeater of Binghamton PBS.

Eureka, CA Market # 193
ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS

Glendive, MT Market # 210
CBS

Greenwood/Greenville, MS Market # 184
ABC, CBS, PBS (Repeater of station already AVAILABLE to MS residents)

Harrisonburg, VA Market # 181
ABC, Fox, PBS (all three are already uplinked but not available to subscribers)

Hattiesburg/Laurel, MS Market # 165 (market completed if combined with adjacent Biloxi market)
NBC, CBS

Helena, MT Market # 206
ABC, CBS, NBC, CW (Most if not all of these stations are repeaters with local news)

Jackson, TN Market # 174
ABC, Fox, PBS

Jonesgoro, AR Market # 180
ABC, PBS (Repeater of station already AVAILABLE to AR residents), Ind

Lafayette, IN Market # 188
CBS

Lake Charles, LA Market # 175
NBC, Fox, PBS (repeater of station already on dish)

Laredo, TX Market # 187
CBS, NBC, Univision (plus mexican stations Ind, Televisa, Azteca 13, Azteca 7, Televisa 9, Televisa 5)

Lima, OH Market # 196
ABC(LP), NBC, CBS (LP), Fo:mad:LP), Ind.

Mankato, MN Market # 200
CBS

Marquette, MI Market # 178
ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS

North Platte, NE Market # 209
NBC, PBS (repeater of station already on Dish)

Ottumwa, IA/Kirksville, MO Market # 199
ABC, Fox (Originally Dish uplinked and tried to add the ABC to the Quincy market but it never became available)

Parkersburg, WV Market # 189
NBC

Presque Isle, ME Market # 204
CBS, PBS (Plus Canadian Stations CBC, TVA, SRC, TQS)

St. Joseph, MO Market # 201
ABC, TBN (repeater of network already AVAILABLE on Dish)

Salisbury, MD Market # 148
ABC, CBS, PBS (Delaware), PBS (Maryland-repeater of station already available on Dish)

Springfield/Holyoak, MA Market # 109
ABC, CBS(LP), NBC, PBS, Telemundo(LP)

Utica, NY Market # 169
ABC, NBC, Fox, MyTV(LP)

Victoria, TX Market # 205
ABC, Fox, (Plus LP stations MyTV, Telemundo, Univision, Azteca America)

Virgin Islands (US) Market # unranked
ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CW, PBS (CBS and NBC stations are already uplinked and available to Puerto Rico subscribers)

Watertown, NY Market # 176
ABC, CBS, Fo:mad:LP), PBS (Plus Canadian stations CBC, SRC, TVO)

Wheeling, WV/Steubenville, OH Market # 155
CBS, NBC, PBS

Wilmington, NC Market # 136
ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS (repeater of station already available on Dish)

Yuma, AZ/El Centro, CA Market # 167
ABC (DT2), CBS, NBC, Fox, Telefutura, Univision (Plus Mexican stations Azteca 7, Azteca 13, Televisa 2, Televisa 5, Televisa 9, CNI)

Zanesville, OH Market # 203
NBC

See ya
Tony

My city wasn't listed...Panama City area still missing CBS?

Is that chart for all cities? I lost CBS LIL on 12/1. It came from WTVY-Dothan. It wasn't really suppose to be a LIL as when I was having trouble with it a year ago and called Dish they told me it really wasn't part of the channel line-up.

After Dec. 1 it was totally gone. Used to be on channel 4. I called Dish and CS told me I should have it on 7926 but I checked and it was not there. Then the CS got a supervisor and she said that it is not available in our area. I actually live about 45 miles north of Panama City.

This list is for cities NOT SERVED AT ALL by Dish.

There is no CBS station in Panama City, Florida TV market. That's all there is to that. The CBS station Dish was offering in Panama City was a "Significantly viewed" distant station from Dothan. On December 1, 2006 Dish was permenantly prohibited from offering distant network channels under the significantly viewed licensing allowed by the SHVREA (or SHVERA depending on who is correcting you. :))

See ya
Tony

Isn't there a difference between a repeater and a satellite station? My understanding is that a repeater extends the range of a station by rebroadcasting the original signal in its entirety (= simulcasting) but that a satellite station, while being essentially the same will periodically substitute specially produced segments (news/weather/sports) relevant to the extended viewing area. Since you used the term repeater for stations that I am familiar with (and would call satellite stations), I wonder if you could clarify? Thanks.

To my knowledge, using your definitions, the Helena networks are "satellite stations" showing 99% the same programming with local news breaks and possibly local commercial incerts. The rest I called repeaters are true repeaters showing 100% identical programming.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)