LIN and D* reach agreement

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DirecTV and LIN come to SD and HD retransmission agreement

From LIN TV and DIRECTV Announce Retrans Agreement for HD Signals

PROVIDENCE, R.I. & EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LIN TV Corp. (NYSE: TVL), a local television and digital media company, and DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading satellite television service provider, today announced they have entered into an agreement for the retransmission of LIN TV’s broadcast stations in both analog and high-definition. The deal covers television stations owned and/or operated by LIN TV in 15 markets.

The retransmission agreement includes: KRQE-TV, KASA-TV (Albuquerque); KXAN-TV, KNVA-TV and KBVO-TV (Austin); WIVB-TV and WNLO-TV (Buffalo); WDTN-TV (Dayton); WANE-TV (Ft. Wayne); WOOD-TV, WOTV-TV, WXSP-CA (Grand Rapids); WLUK-TV (Green Bay); WTNH-TV and WCTX-TV (Hartford-New Haven); WISH-TV and WNDY-TV (Indianapolis); WALA-TV and WBPG-TV (Mobile); WAVY-TV and WVBT-TV (Norfolk); WPRI-TV and WNAC-TV (Providence); WWLP-TV (Springfield) and WUPW-TV (Toledo).

I wonder how much we need to thank Charlie for coming to an agreement with LIN and putting some pressure on DirecTV to finally come to an agreement?

Last edited:
From LIN TV and DIRECTV Announce Retrans Agreement for HD Signals

PROVIDENCE, R.I. & EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LIN TV Corp. (NYSE: TVL), a local television and digital media company, and DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading satellite television service provider, today announced they have entered into an agreement for the retransmission of LIN TV’s broadcast stations in both analog and high-definition. The deal covers television stations owned and/or operated by LIN TV in 15 markets.

The retransmission agreement includes: KRQE-TV, KASA-TV (Albuquerque); KXAN-TV, KNVA-TV and KBVO-TV (Austin); WIVB-TV and WNLO-TV (Buffalo); WDTN-TV (Dayton); WANE-TV (Ft. Wayne); WOOD-TV, WOTV-TV, WXSP-CA (Grand Rapids); WLUK-TV (Green Bay); WTNH-TV and WCTX-TV (Hartford-New Haven); WISH-TV and WNDY-TV (Indianapolis); WALA-TV and WBPG-TV (Mobile); WAVY-TV and WVBT-TV (Norfolk); WPRI-TV and WNAC-TV (Providence); WWLP-TV (Springfield) and WUPW-TV (Toledo).

I wonder how much we need to thank Charlie for coming to an agreement with LIN and putting some pressure on DirecTV to finally come to an agreement?
The better question is: Will this finally get Vurbano his locals in HD so the rest of us don't have to listen to his constant griping about not having his locals in HD?

The better question is: Will this finally get Vurbano his locals in HD so the rest of us don't have to listen to his constant griping about not having his locals in HD?

If Chase Carey is an Obama supported Vurbano will NEVER see his locals in HD;)

It FIGURES! I finally broke down and get the add-ons for my HR21s (3 of them!) just so I could get WTNH and WCTX via antenna. Grrrrr! I installed them this weekend. Ah, the irony.

So when can we expect them to be turned on I wonder....

Good news for Vurbano and ElwayLite...and everyone else in Norfolk who has been complaining about being skipped over for so long. Happy for all of you who are going to benefit from this agreement. Maybe this is why D* kept a little bandwidth available on D10 so they could flip the switch ASAP once this agreement was in place.

Good news for Vurbano and ElwayLite...and everyone else in Norfolk who has been complaining about being skipped over for so long. Happy for all of you who are going to benefit from this agreement. Maybe this is why D* kept a little bandwidth available on D10 so they could flip the switch ASAP once this agreement was in place.
We'll see about this...

Last hurdle..DTv here I come

I am so glad to be hearing this. This was the last thing I was waiting for; local Austin, TX NBC in HD (Want to record Heros in HD). Now that SWMline is out and this is done, the wife has no more reasons to dislike DTV. Well, except two-year contract but thats not that big a deal.

This is perfect, just in time for NFL season. Hoepfully they will do a simialr special like last year with NFLST, so I will wait a few more weeks before making the jump.

It FIGURES! I finally broke down and get the add-ons for my HR21s (3 of them!) just so I could get WTNH and WCTX via antenna. Grrrrr! I installed them this weekend. Ah, the irony.

So when can we expect them to be turned on I wonder....

I'd have to think it will come very soon - lots of spotbeam space given up by now-CONUS RSN's.

Could it happen this week? Let's see...

Since Austin has only 3 HD LIL's there should be plenty of space to add at least KXAN, unless D*'s sharing the spot beam with Waco/Temple (which has only 2 HD LIL's up) and then we're probably SOL for awhile.

Are they live yet? I am at work and want to check but can't. This is great news. I'll now be able to watch Packer games in HD without an OTA.

A poster at dbstalk said Directv told him MAYBE Wednesday of this week. That's for his dma, I haven't heard anything about the others. No matter how you figure it, THIS IS VERY GOOD NEWS! Now if we can get PBS in hd, all will be right with the world. ;)

I'd like my CW hd in Birmingham.

It is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group. Anyone know what kind of relationship they have with Direct??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts