Lip sync Issue-last night-House

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
I was watching House last night..Lip syc issues all over the place..

VIP722

Anyone else have this issue?

I was watching it from a dvr recording. I tried to stop\start recording. No luck.
Tried rebooting-twice did not fix issue..

Anyone know if this happens again how to fix this?

Did not see it on any other recordings. Usually a reboot fixes this?

Thanks..

Recently I have seen this issue on DVR playback of 'Hell's Kitchen' (also on FOX). Don't know why or how to fix. I assume it might be the broadcast itself. Since I was watching a recording, I could not check against the initial live broadcast.

I'm seeing it on my local Fox now. All of the other locals are fine. This is the channel I've been getting the yellow screens on recently, too. I did a front panel reset on the 722k and it didn't help.

I didn't notice it on mine, a 622 using optical audio to a audio receiver. I didn't watch it live. I can't remember if I recorded ota or sat. I'm usually anal about audio sync issues.

I must mention though my local fox station in Houston is briefly inserting their logo at the beginning of shows which causes the video to go into 4X3 mode and the sound changes for about 10 seconds. During the change the audio drops out for a second. That is kind of annoying.

I experienced the same issue last night with "House". I thought it was a local problem but I guess it was a Fox Network issue.:( It got better later in the show.

I had this issue to with House (VIP 612) last night and have had it as well on the local news broadcasts...when I switch to OTA HD via my antenna it was fine. Hopefully the satellite feed gets fixed soon.

I'm seeing it on my local Fox now. All of the other locals are fine. This is the channel I've been getting the yellow screens on recently, too. I did a front panel reset on the 722k and it didn't help.

My local FOX also does this. I get this from Dish, not OTA. Luckily, I have an Olevia 37" lcd tv, and it has an adjustment in it's setup menu to fix this issue. You can move a slider, until the voice syncs with the movement of the mouth. I tried the setting on my 622, and it didn't make a difference, so luckily the tv settings work.

It's not the receiver acting up, it's the affiliates various broadcasts that are causing the sync issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts