Listing of all existing HD Networks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alvarez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Brownsburg, IN
Is there a listing of all the existing HD networks? not just exclusive to D* I am looking for a listing of every HD network that exists.

For instance I was told that there is an NFL Network HD, exclusive to VooM networks however it does exist. I know I have NFL Network SD through D* but not HD. Also someone said there was a FSN HD as well.

Great list mcbeevee; do you know how current it is? Looking at some of the Voom carriage, do I at least assume is hasn't been updated in about 1 - 1.5 months?

I put together this Excel file, let me know if I am missing anything? Also if there are any other rumored channels that have some data behind them that I can add to the list?

There really is quite a bit of channels out there.
*Edited to add updated List 6/16/05, old list had 190+ views, cool!* (New Voom web sites added to channels)

Attachments

• High Definition Channels 6-16-05.xls
    45 KB · Views: 219
I sent an email to alot of High Def magazines, offering an idea...

"Hello my name is Tony Ramsey, I had an idea for an article that might be a good read as well as might light a fire for many companies... I understand you cannot favor any certain cable provider or satelite provider as it is bad business. However you are allowed to state facts. My idea was you could provide a list of EVERY HD channel available on any provider. with a list of who is carrying what channel it could cause some competition (which is great for the HD enthusiast heh)"

All the replies I have gotten say they love the idea...

looking at most these compiled lists as you click on the link most lead to dish network, DirectV better start worrying about that hehehe.

charper1 said:
Great list mcbeevee; do you know how current it is? Looking at some of the Voom carriage, do I at least assume is hasn't been updated in about 1 - 1.5 months?

I just recently found this list, so I'm not sure how current it is. I thought it was strange that they only list Voom carriage and not D* for the few channels that D* does carry. :confused:

94+ view of the Excel File, cool!

Any comments? Did I miss any obvious HD channels? Did I miss any future announced channels? Are the web links working on the Excel file for you?

CWS_kahuna said:
I put together this Excel file

Let me know if I am missing anything. Also if there are any other rumored channels that have some data behind them.

There really is quite a bit of channels out there.
When did directv add NFL HD?

stevesmall said:
When did directv add NFL HD?

I will update the NFL HD channel with a comment box stating it's a part time channel. I guess in a way select Fox Sports HD channels are part time too, at least when they were doing the basketball games.

About NFL HD, I don't think it's a full time channel yet anywhere, I may however be wrong on that.

Updates should be on the new file in the post above.

Great list Richard! I spoke to my cable provider (Adelphia) and the CSR stated that they are working to add NFL HD to my lineup. Just FYI.

Richard

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Comprehensive List of D* HD MPEG2 STB's?

DirecTV Active Screenshots

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts