Lite Gray Text Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelegendlc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Moorhead, MN
The light grey text on the reader is quite difficult to read. I would hope that you could make it more readable by darkening it or changing the color of the text. I doubt that I am in the minority of people that would have this opinion.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Stargazer
You can try the dark screen option. Go to bottom of screen. Click on SatelliteGuys default. Then choose SatelliteGuys Dark. It changes most of the light text to black.

Unfortunately, in the Dark option, some of the other fields do not show up at all. The name of the person who started the thread is not shown and a few other screen fields also disappear.

I have that issue on several sites, found a Chrome ext called High Contrast, whenever I need it (like here today) I set it for increased contrast & the text becomes black - much easier to read. Very easy to turn off & on as needed, also has other options.

Reactions: Dirtydan and n0qcu
I don't think the user is talking about the site.. I think they are talking about our SatelliteGuys Reader app. If they are then I find it odd because the only change made in the app was pointing the url to the new site. No other changes have been made.

Maybe it's all the extra white space - seems really bright to me, I just don't like the light blue text that seems to be used a lot these days. Other than that, great job.

Yeah, I just looked at the site using the SatGuys reader on my android and for whatever reason the post text is very light against the white background. It makes it pretty hard on the eyes.

Just looked at the new site on my android's default internet browser for the first time too. The gray text below the avatars, sigs, and info below the posts is nearly impossible to read!

Tweaks today are making good improvement, Scott. Thanks.

How about giving us back our URL capability in the sigs. If there is a problem with that then I understand

Does the new site automatically mark a topic as read when you read it like the old one did? If not, it is a PITA!

Also, how do I go to the next unread topic without going back to the main forum, I see no next topic button?

Does the new site automatically mark a topic as read when you read it like the old one did? If not, it is a PITA!

Also, how do I go to the next unread topic without going back to the main forum, I see no next topic button?

It does but sometimes there's a glitch. When I hit refresh it works.

Once you have gone through everything one time it will show new topics and new posts to the topics with a dot by the thread title. When you click on the dot it will take you to the first unread post (assuming you are logged in).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)