Little League World Series

Anyone watching?

I'm in a pool at a local bar. I selected La Grange, Kentucky. Fingers crossed.

The team from Paramus, NJ, should be there. They were ripped off by Little League officials at the Mid-Atlantic regional.

Sandra

I heard about that. Very unfortunate, but the rules are the rules. Got to be able to supply birth certificates to qualify.

Those kids lived in areas that barely had what we would call a city hall. MOST adults don't even know what year they were born. You are assume they have the same quality of record keeping that we do here in the states.

The Ugandans were tripped up by their country’s inconsistent infrastructure and the United States’ strict requirements for travel visas. The State Department did not give specific reasons for the denial, but it told Little League officials that there were discrepancies in the players’ documentation. In Uganda, birth certificates are far from the norm, and establishing someone’s age and identity is complicated because parents and guardians are often illiterate.

Those kids lived in areas that barely had what we would call a city hall. MOST adults don't even know what year they were born. You are assume they have the same quality of record keeping that we do here in the states.

You're right. They probably don't have very good record keeping systems. Like I said, it's unfortunate. But rules are the rules. If you make an exception with one country, you set a bad precedence. Then, what's stopping everyone else from saying, "oh, you know what? We lost little Johnny's birth certificate. Make us an exception, ok rules commission? Wink, wink."

You're right. They probably don't have very good record keeping systems. Like I said, it's unfortunate. But rules are the rules. If you make an exception with one country, you set a bad precedence. Then, what's stopping everyone else from saying, "oh, you know what? We lost little Johnny's birth certificate. Make us an exception, ok rules commission? Wink, wink."

LOL! There is a HUGE difference between losing little Johnnie's birth certificate and what they have in Uganda. I think on rare occassions, like this one in particular, you may have to make except to the rules because then there is a chance for this country to never send kids to the little league world series due to the horrible political structure they have. So do we deprive kids that once in a lifetime chance to participate in this great honor and tradition because their country has a sh*tty political structure?

13 year old's playing 60 foot bases is a joke. Cal Ripken, Babe Ruth and Diamond play much better baseball than LL. But hey good for these kids, I hope they make the most of it.

I can't believe this is a sticky.:rolleyes:

LOL! There is a HUGE difference between losing little Johnnie's birth certificate and what they have in Uganda. I think on rare occassions, like this one in particular, you may have to make except to the rules because then there is a chance for this country to never send kids to the little league world series due to the horrible political structure they have. So do we deprive kids that once in a lifetime chance to participate in this great honor and tradition because their country has a sh*tty political structure?

HD is right...if you create loopholes, people will jump through them and willfully figure out ways to get around the system.

Sandra

HD is right...if you create loopholes, people will jump through them and willfully figure out ways to get around the system.

Sandra

So you deny a chance at little league world series to only countries that have decent record keeping in their country? This is not a loop hole, this is an exception due to the situation in that country. Where those kids were coming from, its worse than Haiti!

So you deny a chance at little league world series to only countries that have decent record keeping in their country? This is not a loop hole, this is an exception due to the situation in that country. Where those kids were coming from, its worse than Haiti!

I agree that it is unfortunate, but Little League baseball has been victimized by cheaters too many times. Cannot make exceptions.

Sandra

Last edited:
13 year old's playing 60 foot bases is a joke. Cal Ripken, Babe Ruth and Diamond play much better baseball than LL. But hey good for these kids, I hope they make the most of it.

I can't believe this is a sticky.:rolleyes:

Nobody asked you for permission.:rolleyes::rolleyes: