Live from Team Summit

It takes time to roll out a great product. This receiver should be amazing. Imagine having 2 receivers that gives you access to 6 tuners from any tv you are connected to. Dish is taking the lead in being innovative right now IMO. They're taking some aggressive steps.

What gets me thinking is that they had the 922 in beta for a good year before it was released. I've heard nothing about beta testing for this. They must feel a little more confident.

As for the 922 I still don't know what people don't like about it. I've had one for two years and love it, especially know that it's a dual tuner.

No it doesnt.

I'm glad some people are chiming in contradicting the bad info. I know something else the DirecTV solution has going for it: it actually exists. ;-)

When is the new Dish receiver coming out? I didn't see that mentioned (although I'm sure it was).

I'm sorry but D*'s unit has some major useability issues. Like when you want to view recordings on a remote TV it takes control of the main TV and then you can't watch a different show on that TV.

Wow your totally off... Directv's receivers are rock solid... I think even more than dish's. Ive had zero problems with my equipment, and who ever told you that you couldn't watch show's on the main tv is totally wrong..... You might be thinking of Uverse, but not directv.

What gets me thinking is that they had the 922 in beta for a good year before it was released. I've heard nothing about beta testing for this. They must feel a little more confident.

As for the 922 I still don't know what people don't like about it. I've had one for two years and love it, especially know that it's a dual tuner.

Were you a beta tester? The reason I ask, is if you were not, there is no way you could have had a 922 for two years. They did not get released until late April 2010.

This is a tough crowd to please. All I have been hearing about is how people want whole home dvr. Now that we're getting it everyone thinks its no big deal. I think it's about time to let the rsn questions go. The details on the sling adapter are a little more clear. Looks like anyone can buy one for $99 and then get $99 cash card refund. So it's essentially free for new and existing customers.

The dish online website is really coming around. You don't even have to be a customer to watch shows on it. It works like netflix, hulu, and YouTube rolled together. You'll be able to get content sooner though. The blockbuster deal really opens up a lot of movie opportunities for dish now.

To me it's not that it's a Not a big deal, but rather that my 922 is what, a year old and now we are seeing the 813 whole house DVR? Granted supposdly we will see a "free" sling adapter but come on D that should have been here a year ago.

moe

Some users still seem to have had problems with the 922 while others like yourself have had no problems. I've never used a 922 but, between the problems that I've heard about the 922 and the fact that is had a higher DVR fee, I would probably never use one.

bobvick said:
Were you a beta tester? The reason I ask, is if you were not, there is no way you could have had a 922 for two years. They did not get released until late April 2010.

Yes he was, I know we both got our 922's around the same time.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

He spent a long time talking about DIRECTV and kept reffering to them as the Gold Standard. He said that if he was a retailer he would sell both DISH Network and DIRECTV. He then went on praising DIRECTV and what a great job they were doing and how much he wants to get DISH up to that Gold Standard.

Goodnight everyone!
Then why oppose those things that make DirecTV the gold standard, sports packages and full time RSNs?

Yes. Especially when it's a late arrival compared to the competition. Something like this should be nothing more than a routine announcement at this point. Their big announcement is something late to the party and will probably fall short of what D* offers. They should focus on getting rid of hd lite.

And where would they get all of this magic bandwith to get rid of hd lite?

This is a tough crowd to please. All I have been hearing about is how people want whole home dvr. Now that we're getting it everyone thinks its no big deal. I think it's about time to let the rsn questions go. The details on the sling adapter are a little more clear. Looks like anyone can buy one for $99 and then get $99 cash card refund. So it's essentially free for new and existing customers.

The dish online website is really coming around. You don't even have to be a customer to watch shows on it. It works like netflix, hulu, and YouTube rolled together. You'll be able to get content sooner though. The blockbuster deal really opens up a lot of movie opportunities for dish now.

Any news on when will be able to get the free sling adapter?

Trick modes are the fast forward, rewind, skip forward, skip back and pause. Basically this receiver allows you to have DVR functions on all TVs as opposed to the Comcast version that only allows that on the main TV (at least the version that I have used).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts