Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Greetings folks from Team Summit!

Got a 3rd row seat for the kick off of Team Summit 2011 where everyone is partying like a rock star!

The arena is starting to fill up. I will post from here when I can, I am really looking forward to the kickoff. Charlie will be on stage in about an hour.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Attachments

• image-3106442723.jpg
    image-3106442723.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 434
Excellent. We'll just be here on standby reading your posts. After all there's nothing else we can do. Although if we had the ability to "teleport" to team summit, we'd do it in a heartbeat and be out of there before security catches us.:D

They let me sign the Dish Network hall of fame sign! :)

Sure as I am posting this they show me on the big screen typing this message. I didnt know until people told me. :)

Attachments

• image-421197735.jpg
    image-421197735.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 457
I sure hope that Brett Michaels does not forget to take his blood pressure medicine.:)

So Charlie comes out and announces really nothing...

Was that the big surprise? God I hope not...

Back from the opening ceremonies, Brett Michaels is still onstage playing.

Walked away like a lot of people in attendance... disappointed.

Charlie did an "interview" with Bobby Sherman of Satellite Business News. You could tell that the entire thing was scripted, and if it wasn't it sure felt that way. Charlie gave us some insight to the future, paying one price for your entertainment and being able to watch it anywhere anytime. He talked about Blockbuster and his other acquisitions but didn't go into real details.

He spent a long time talking about DIRECTV and kept reffering to them as the Gold Standard. He said that if he was a retailer he would sell both DISH Network and DIRECTV. He then went on praising DIRECTV and what a great job they were doing and how much he wants to get DISH up to that Gold Standard.

And that was about it from him.

Amir came out and introduced Bret Michaels then we had darkness on the stage for about 6 minutes. Bret was introduced again by a different voice and again darkness on the stage for a long time... then Guns & Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" started to play... and the entire song played once the song was over Bret FINALLY came out on stage starting with the Poison classic, "Talk Dirty To Me". We then decided to leave as its been a long day...

And that was about it... very disappointing.

As we were walking out a few folks from DISH that I know asked me what I thought and I told them the truth and told them I thought it sucked. They asked me if I was waiting for the surprise... and I said yes and they said it will be announced tomorrow at the General Assembly. God I sure hope so. I want some excitement from this Team Summit and so do the retailers here. As we walked back to the hotel a bunch of retailers were all saying how disappointing tonight was. I sure hope tomorrow is a better day!

And with that I am heading to bed, I will go to bed hoping for a MUCH better tomorrow. Tomorrows event kicks off at 11 am ET.

Goodnight everyone!

Attachments

• P1000434.JPG
    P1000434.JPG
    604.5 KB · Views: 277
  • P1000441.JPG
    P1000441.JPG
    521.4 KB · Views: 304
  • P1000444.JPG
    P1000444.JPG
    606.8 KB · Views: 262
  • P1000448.JPG
    P1000448.JPG
    418.8 KB · Views: 250
  • P1000449.JPG
    P1000449.JPG
    633.2 KB · Views: 253
  • P1000450.JPG
    P1000450.JPG
    588.7 KB · Views: 232
  • P1000451.JPG
    P1000451.JPG
    530.1 KB · Views: 224
  • P1000454.JPG
    P1000454.JPG
    547.3 KB · Views: 266
  • P1000457.JPG
    P1000457.JPG
    696.5 KB · Views: 267
Back from the opening ceremonies, Brett Michaels is still onstage playing.

Walked away like a lot of people in attendance... disappointed.

Charlie did an "interview" with Bobby Sherman of Satellite Business News. You could tell that the entire thing was scripted, and if it wasn't it sure felt that way. Charlie gave us some insight to the future, paying one price for your entertainment and being able to watch it anywhere anytime. He talked about Blockbuster and his other acquisitions but didn't go into real details.

He spent a long time talking about DIRECTV and kept reffering to them as the Gold Standard. He said that if he was a retailer he would sell both DISH Network and DIRECTV. He then went on praising DIRECTV and what a great job they were doing and how much he wants to get DISH up to that Gold Standard.

And that was about it from him.

Amir came out and introduced Bret Michaels then we had darkness on the stage for about 6 minutes. Bret was introduced again by a different voice and again darkness on the stage for a long time... then Guns & Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" started to play... and the entire song played once the song was over Bret FINALLY came out on stage starting with the Poison classic, "Talk Dirty To Me". We then decided to leave as its been a long day...

And that was about it... very disappointing.

As we were walking out a few folks from DISH that I know asked me what I thought and I told them the truth and told them I thought it sucked. They asked me if I was waiting for the surprise... and I said yes and they said it will be announced tomorrow at the General Assembly. God I sure hope so. I want some excitement from this Team Summit and so do the retailers here. As we walked back to the hotel a bunch of retailers were all saying how disappointing tonight was. I sure hope tomorrow is a better day!

And with that I am heading to bed, I will go to bed hoping for a MUCH better tomorrow. Tomorrows event kicks off at 11 am ET.

Goodnight everyone!

Night scott sorry for the disappointment and hope better news tomorrow :)

WOW.... What a disappointment. Although for a while there, with all the praise for DirecTV, I thought the surprise was going to be that Dish just bought DirecTV. :D

There is always hope for a better tomorrow. Thanks, Scott.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts