Dish Team in the Forum

Joe99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Just wanted to post a note that I just had my second occasion to deal with MattG(Speedy) on an issue. As with the first issue, there was a positive result in a very quick fashion.
Thanks again, Matt.

Everytime you guys talk about the "DIRT" team, all I can think about is Joe Dirt. lmao. But even though I have never needed their assistance, I do see them spring into action at the most opportune moments. I sure hope someone from Dish notices and they get credit where credit is due

I had an issue that after calling I could not have my receiver replaced. But, MattG (Speedy) was there and helped and I am very grateful. My replacement receiver is on the way and my satguys membership as been renewed. Now I just need to find away to send MattG (Speedy) a drink on me.....

Last edited:
When we moved to Casper back in 1996, my wife was working for cable, and even though we got it for "free", I bought a dish because I wanted WGN. Dropped 200 bucks and the rest is history....the irony is I now miss WGN America with the Welcome Pack

Mary I've been with Dish since 1998. I like the service I get especially from you folks here on the DIRT team TonyT has helped me tremendously where regular tech support refused to do anything for my problem since upgrading to EA dish ( the jury is still out whether the premature rain/snow fade issue is cured but we shall see.) You guys all deserve a fat raise!! :) Maybe all of us can email Charlie and get you guys a raise. :D :D

Bob

Wow, 14 years, that means a lot to us as well!! Anytime I can be of service, please just let me know!

Thank you so much, Bob! I really do appreciate all the support we have received from everyone on this forum. I especially love our long term customers, you guys are such a great resource for all of us and I for one have learned so much just being able to cruise the threads! We all have our Dish Network wish lists but I truly appreciate the thought!! LOL

Last edited:
same here...class of '97....Started out with America's Top 30......Oh, one of the JVC receivers purchased at Sears is still kicking.
JVC Model 3500.
Wow, I have never even seen one of those. They took all the Legacy receivers off our information pages and I miss them!! I remember when Sear's use to sell Dish Network. All you gentlemen have a great night!!

Last edited:
January of 1997 here as well and THREE DISH accounts : mine, parents ,aunt , all in my name. I have had just about every dvr DISH has had going back to the original WEBTV/Dishplayer 7100/7200 .

I had a 7100, back in the day when they had a great promo get 5 new subs get $250 cash and a 7100!! Such a deal that was.

January of 1997 here as well and THREE DISH accounts : mine, parents ,aunt , all in my name. I have had just about every dvr DISH has had going back to the original WEBTV/Dishplayer 7100/7200 .

I had a 7100, back in the day when they had a great promo get 5 new subs get $250 cash and a 7100!! Such a deal that was.

I had SEVERAL dishplayers over a year's time . I had to rma them it seems every few weeks for a while there and I had to pay for each shipping and handling charge. At first I loved the webtv/dishplayers, till DISH and Microsoft had their falling out. Then there were so many bugs, that I finally settled on a basic 301 receiver in exchange. It was a great idea and when it worked it was wonderful, but the spat between DISH and Microsoft ruined it.

I started out with a BUD and a Tracker 10 when Charlie was involved with those. Have been with Dish ever since. Only issue that continues to bother me after all these many years is lack of Significantly Viewed stations from Denver (I live in the mountains between Denver and Colorado Springs but am officially in the Springs DMA). I even went through the formal waiver process and received written approval from the networks back when those were being accepted. Years ago (on a Charlie Chat), Charlie said they would be providing the SVs in my market. Matt is trying to help, but apparently Dish is now not going to be making them available--even though the FCC gives Dish the option of offering them for those of us on the FCC list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts