Live from Team Summit

Can "trick" mode be used on multiple TVs for the same program?

So TV1 and TV2 is watching the same program ... TV1 pauses ... TV2 is still going ... TV2 then skips through commercials ... TV1 finally unpauses ... etc.

Would that work?

So TV1 and TV2 is watching the same program ... TV1 pauses ... TV2 is still going ... TV2 then skips through commercials ... TV1 finally unpauses ... etc.

Would that work?

I would hope so.

It works that way on my 722. We often are watching the same recordings on the different TV's the controls are indepent.

Would that work?

DECA uses an extension to MoCA 1.1 that allows for the lower frequency but it is still limited to 170Kbps.

MoCA 2.0 extends the standard to "up to" 1Gbps.
Thank you for the correct spelling! I was going crazy trying to figure out what mocha 2 was... :(

Trick modes are the fast forward, rewind, skip forward, skip back and pause. Basically this receiver allows you to have DVR functions on all TVs as opposed to the Comcast version that only allows that on the main TV (at least the version that I have used).

Will you be able to set up recordings from the remote TV's?

RIght now, with Comcast all recordings must be set up on main TV.

How does Direct MRV do this? Only set up recording from main TV also?

Just to point out the inconsistency in your complaint... Dish adding 24/7 RSNs would just be copying others that are already doing it. So if/when Dish finally does that, it won't be cause for celebration either.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

No, but it will show that Dish actually cares about ALL of it's customers.

Just trying to catch up with Directv.

According to Scott's comment in another thread the DISH versions is more advanced than the Directv version. This is great for the consumer, each company works to outdo and better the other. I am quite excited by the announcement. It is a catchup, but surpass accomplishment. Now we can await the next development.

Last edited: