Live from Team Summit

I don't see a problem with adding the sling adapter. If you don't care for sling you don't need it. If you want sling you can get the adapter and you get refunded. I'm not seeing the big deal.
any price on the sling adapter and will that give you hd on tv 2? ....ty for help :)

The sling extender (not the sling adapter) will give you TV2 in HD but we still have no idea if/when it will be released. In the meantime, Dish wants to release their whole-home DVR service by November which will give HD to all TVs in the house.

is the software team at team summit?
the 722k when hooked to avr goes silent for about 2-5 seconds.
its done this for a long while
is the software team aware of issue and will they actually fix it this calendar year?

scott or scherrman..what about current customers for blockbuster for this ? Ira also announced the two new programs for new DISH Customers which is effecive May 18th, those being new customers get 3 months free of Blockbuster service. In addition new customer can get a free Sling Adapter when they sign up as well.......thanks scott and scherrman appreciate all you did and help

Last edited:
I'm not sure on the blockbuster for existing customers but I know existing customers can get the sling adapter just the same as new ones. I'm in a training class right now. It's about using Facebook, very exciting.

I'm not sure on the blockbuster for existing customers but I know existing customers can get the sling adapter just the same as new ones. I'm in a training class right now. It's about using Facebook, very exciting.

any rumours on price yet on the sling adapter? ty for your help and appreciate it :)

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I wish I understood better why Dish needs to think of itself as primarily a movie channel and Direct as primarily a sports channel. I don't think of Comcast, TWC, FIOS, U-verse, etc, as primarily one or the other.

I know it has to do with bandwidth, but every carrier, cable, phone line, satellite, has to deal with limited bandwidth. I don't like that I'm forced to make a choice between the two satellite providers if I want to watch a Cubs game in HD one day, a PPV the next day, and a VOD the next day. -rant off

It's not JUST the bandwidth, it's also the DOLLARS. It costs A LOT of money to carry all those sports, and Charlie ain't coughin' it up.

It's not the bandwidth it's the DOLLARS. It costs A LOT of money to carry all those sports, and Charlie ain't coughin' it up.

actually its the bandwidth. He already has most of these channels available to them yet Charlie prefers to JIP some folks out of the game in HD (and then Jip's others by making the game JIp'd) ;)

Last I checked FS North, CSN Chicago, Root NW, etc don't have their HD channel available on a "alacarte by game" basis now do they??? Charlie pays for the channel per month/year whatever....what he shows in HD is due to the limited bandwidth he gives to these channels.

actually its the bandwidth. He already has most of these channels available to them yet Charlie prefers to JIP some folks out of the game in HD (and then Jip's others by making the game JIp'd) ;)

Last I checked FS North, CSN Chicago, Root NW, etc don't have their HD channel available on a "alacarte by game" basis now do they??? Charlie pays for the channel per month/year whatever....what he shows in HD is due to the limited bandwidth he gives to these channels.

He was referring to Charlie's point of "movies" not "sports", not just HD-RSN's.

I made my post a little clearer hopefully.