Live from Team Summit

PUI? sorry for not knowing what that is.but vicodin is legal here and been on it for over 12 years with the severe pain and all the surgeries on my back and 1 on my neck walk with cane also from all of it and have 5 more disc in my back that are bad

Good luck with that back. And gooder luck getting away from those pills. After 12 years, I guess your tolerance must be way high. Do they figure that some can/will stay on vicodin for life?

Cable and Uverse have the same limitations as they are restricted to the frequency's they can use within their own systems.
Where cable and Uverse can score big is that they don't have to dedicate any bandwidth to DNS and channels that don't have sufficient local interest (i.e. internationals and obscure regional sports networks).

harshness said:
Where cable and Uverse can score big is that they don't have to dedicate any bandwidth to DNS and channels that don't have sufficient local interest (i.e. internationals and obscure regional sports networks).

Both uverse and comcast systems here have all of the rsn's and internationals. They also offer Internet over the same bandwidth! ;-)

Good luck with that back. And gooder luck getting away from those pills. After 12 years, I guess your tolerance must be way high. Do they figure that some can/will stay on vicodin for life?

ty navy :) ill probably be on them the rest if my life.ots the only medicine that helps with the pain except morphine:) yes i have a high tolerance :)

Naveychop,
"Gooder"? Did you take one of wolf's pills?:D (jk)

Ghpr13:D

whitewolf8214 said:
scott or scherrman..what about current customers for blockbuster for this ? Ira also announced the two new programs for new DISH Customers which is effecive May 18th, those being new customers get 3 months free of Blockbuster service. In addition new customer can get a free Sling Adapter when they sign up as well.......thanks scott and scherrman appreciate all you did and help

There will be something coming but in a month or two. Dish just acquired blockbuster 6 days before this new customer promotion was launched. Expect a lot of interaction with Blockbuster going forward. :)

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Scherrman said:
I'll have some thinking to do. I have a 922 now. Do I upgrade to the 813 when it comes out or add another 922 if this concept actually happens.

I am in your boat. I have a 922 and a 722k with the sling adapter. I might just get another 922 if this happens.

Scott, Sorry if I missed any comments you may have made, but was there any mention of what is planned for 9950+ (NY-LA HD distants). Also, any mention of the Superstations being offerd in HD outside of their local markets. Thanks in advance.

levibluewa said:
Scott, Sorry if I missed any comments you may have made, but was there any mention of what is planned for 9950+ (NY-LA HD distants). Also, any mention of the Superstations being offerd in HD outside of their local markets. Thanks in advance.

No official mention of them, but I was told by a number of csr's that they will soon be having training on distant networks over the next couple of weeks.

I did ask about superstations in hd and was told there were no plans to offer them in hd at this time, mainly due to the lack of conus hd space they have left on both arcs.

I also asked about significantly viewed locals and was told is not happening anytime soon, as there are still a bunch of hurdles (legal and technical) for them to roll them out.

Hey Scott, wanted to thank you for postibg all this info on the team summit. You helped me become one of the most well informed installers in my office. Only 2 outta 45 guys use this site regularly. Most of the guys havent even heard of the Xip series.

Hmm wonder why my numbers are better than most.

Thanks again.

Hey Scott, wanted to thank you for postibg all this info on the team summit. You helped me become one of the most well informed installers in my office. Only 2 outta 45 guys use this site regularly. Most of the guys havent even heard of the Xip series.

Hmm wonder why my numbers are better than most.

Thanks again.
Now only if we could get more installers from your office here. :)

No buzz on any other channels, I did ask about FearNet and was told they barely have enough content to qualify as a VOD channel, so I would not be expecting to see it on DISH as a live channel anytime soon. However remember it IS available on DISHONLINE.COM.

No official mention of them, but I was told by a number of csr's that they will soon be having training on distant networks over the next couple of weeks.

I did ask about superstations in hd and was told there were no plans to offer them in hd at this time, mainly due to the lack of conus hd space they have left on both arcs.

I also asked about significantly viewed locals and was told is not happening anytime soon, as there are still a bunch of hurdles (legal and technical) for them to roll them out.

What sort of training would be needed? How to say you don't qualify for Distant networks in an English accent