Live Retailer Chat Update! (April 27, 2004)

The last call they took was a 921 question. (I was HAPPY to hear the caller had a 921 question)

The 921 questions he asked were DUMB.

Question 1 was is there a promo for someone to upgrade to the 921. (ANswer No)

Question 2 my 921 keeps rebooting should I send it back for a RA? (Answer from Charlie is the 921 software is stable now. There is software in there to turn off the 921 when your not watching it. What a line of BS)

Oh well that wraps up this retailer chat.

Thanks to everyone who joined us today.

Scott Greczkowski said:
(Answer from Charlie is the 921 software is stable now. There is software in there to turn off the 921 when your not watching it. What a line of BS)

:yikes :haha :yikes :haha
:yikes :haha :yikes :haha

(I have been shocked into laughter)

what a pile of steaming crap.
If Charlie says there is no compelling HD one more time I will explode!!! That might be compelling in HD!
FREAK!

I think if Charle doesnt want to offer the HD available he should just admit too it.. the local Cable co just offers HBO HD, local NBC, ABC, CBS affil, and Bravo HD+ (no HD Nets or ESPN or Show or anything else)

Ive been in vacation mode for 2 years (Gawd, some would shoot me for helping charlie to 5.30$ a month) lol

Im moving soon and consdiering getting Dish again (over D* or Cable) .. Maybe I should think twice :) I have Classic Cable right now and I am tired of paying 38$ a month for 60 channels -- Coudlnt easly put up a dish here (Im on the north side of a 2 story complex)

My new place is 1 story with a few trees to wiggle by :) Might be time to revisit E* and or D* =)

Let's see, Charlie says no compelling new HD content and that the 921's software is stable. Being able to say lines like that with a straight face he should get in the presidential race now. He's got the major qualification, being able to lie with a straight face ;)

Well,he is a poker player.

721 Upgrade offer

I currently have a Dish 508 receiver, and have resisted upgrading to the 510, etc. because I wanted to avoid the $5 monthly PVR fee. Does anyone know if I will have to pay the $5 monthly fee for a 721?

JeffGia said:
I currently have a Dish 508 receiver, and have resisted upgrading to the 510, etc. because I wanted to avoid the $5 monthly PVR fee. Does anyone know if I will have to pay the $5 monthly fee for a 721?

the 721 has no fee (that Im aware of)

Scott Greczkowski said:
They just took a question about VOOM.
Charlie said VOOM is making no impact on their service.
I know of a $29.99/month impact there's been. :D How many more? But in the bucket, we are mere drips to Charlie. :D

psycaz said:
Any idea as to when tht 721 deal will start?

It started today. I work for an RSP/Retailer, and I'm kinda interested in the deal too, so I checked it out. The DVR Upgrade Existing Customer Offer has been modified to include 721's as of today. It's up to the retailer if they want to swap out or add on. You two can barter back and forth.

If you go through Dish.. don't expect any play.

I just called Dish, csr said I can't buy a 721 directly from them, have to go through dealer.
Can someone recommend a dealer in Metro Detroit that is participating in the 721 deal?

Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)