Live Updates - DirecTV MLB Announcement

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh - I admit to being a D* fan, but I don't judge E* motives in how they make their business decisions. That was the point I was making, and I still stick to it. This is an open forum, I didn't say anything wrong. And I didn't say you had a fault - but you are certainly touchy.

I'll try to stay away from your 'fun'.

Dude you really find fault with everyone but yourself, don't you?
Grow up..You carried on and on with someone obviously trying to goad you into and argument, and you bit. Now your telling somebody they are touchy because they have a different view then your own..

Wow!!!

Dude you really find fault with everyone but yourself, don't you?
Grow up..You carried on and on with someone obviously trying to goad you into and argument, and you bit. Now your telling somebody they are touchy because they have a different view then your own..

Wow!!!

Dude - he and I worked that out last night thru PM's. And no I don't find fault with everyone. Thanks for your concern though. But I do find it interesting that you feel authorized to tell someone else to 'grow up' - I think you have now become just as guilty - you could have PM'd if you wanted to handle it 'GROWN UP' yourself BTW.

Dude - he and I worked that out last night thru PM's. And no I don't find fault with everyone. Thanks for your concern though. But I do find it interesting that you feel authorized to tell someone else to 'grow up' - I think you have now become just as guilty - you could have PM'd if you wanted to handle it 'GROWN UP' yourself BTW.

LOL, Ok cool...

I just sent Dish Network an email telling them they better match the offer or else its on them if people move to DirecTV because they want to be tight wads. Now if Dish an ties up then it drives a stake in DirecTV's heart as they will have paid all that money and wont gain any subscribers from Dish. Also if cable get locked out Dish can compete with DirecTV for those new subscribers.

It should be an interesting Charlie Chat Monday.I hope somebody calls in and ask them about this topis MLBEI.I might call in and ask him about MLBEI and also mention Satellite Guys and see his reaction.

They are going with the bs superfan to get the HD.
$160 for EI
$40 for SF

....from their site
Get MLB EXTRA INNINGS now for just 4 payments of $39.99 — a savings of $40 off the regular season price! Call 1–800–GET–SPORTS.
(Offer ends 4/15/07)

New this season: The MLB EXTRA INNINGSSM SuperFan™ package. The Ultimate Baseball Experience

Get all this with the SuperFan™ package:

* Up to 10 games a week in stunning HD**
* Up to eight games on one screen with Game Mix*
* The STRIKE ZONE CHANNEL™, showing the best plays from around the league, live!

MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription required. To see what is included in the SuperFan™ package, click here >>

Well at $160 that is way more than I paid with Dish Network ($20) but no doubt they will have a free preview week so I will be able to see if the superfan package is worth it. I probably wont go for SF as that is DirecTV greed. Besides if they have to make it available to Dish Network I will get it cheaper as a returning customer.

just have to wait and see.

Monday Night Charlie

It should be an interesting Charlie Chat Monday.I hope somebody calls in and ask them about this topis MLBEI.I might call in and ask him about MLBEI and also mention Satellite Guys and see his reaction.

I have to agree if he thinks every one is going to want to talk about NASCAR and not baseball he must be out of his mind. . . .

Then again I am sure Charlie knows that this site exists so I am sure he is gonna be prepared with an opening speech about the state of negotiations with MLB and tell us all there still negotiating with MLB and have nothing new to report at this time and then will want to tell us about all the great things happening at Dish Network. . .

They should consider themsevles lucky that it did not go exclusive, cut their losses and get a deal done with MLB!

I got an email from Dish Network asking me to call them if I want to discuss the matter further. My point is you pay up as its not an exclusive contract or after the free preview that no doubt DirecTV will give all subscribers the first week. Then I order it from DirecTV and simply run a cable downstairs from my DirecTV receiver to my big TV when a game is on I want to watch.

And DirecTV is not being unreasonable with the cost of the basic package which is about $15 more than I paid with Dish Network. . . . Now I do wonder what happens after April 15 or next season when there all exclusive. Will they jack up the price in 2008 I wonder. . . ?

And DirecTV is not being unreasonable with the cost of the basic package which is about $15 more than I paid with Dish Network. . . . Now I do wonder what happens after April 15 or next season when there all exclusive. Will they jack up the price in 2008 I wonder. . . ?

I don't know the previous history of EI and price increases (look to that as guide) but Sunday Ticket has been going up about $10-20 a year for a few years now. Honestly I would expect EI to not go up much next year, even if exclusive, just to try to grow the package. I mean 300K really isn't all that much. I was surprised to hear that total among all providers was under 600K. I thought it was a lot more popular then that.

Please don't put me in the same category as scobuck. I simply stated a differing opinion and he couldn't handle it. I have no agenda other than finding the best quality programming available.

ST has always been exclusive. Price increases have been on the order of $20/year. Assuming D* wants to increase its subscription base for EI, it wouldn't make any sense to jam drastic price increases up your (chair). They know they'll lose some number of subs with every increase.

Please don't put me in the same category as scobuck. I simply stated a differing opinion and he couldn't handle it. I have no agenda other than finding the best quality programming available.

Nothing personal Questioner, really, nothing personal, but in my book you would have to move up about 6 notches to be in the same category as scobuck. Only because it seems that no matter what we get, you always seem to put a negative spin on it. Only this much of this or that, why not more of this, I'm happy it ws D* that got the deal done with MLB, think about how much it would suck if it was the other guys.
The whole thought process of most games in HD in 2008. Heck I'm happy with that prospect.

"Only because it seems that no matter what we get, you always seem to put a negative spin on it."

And whatever we get when it comes to directv, scobuck puts a positive spin on it. The problem is he is just as negative about all other competitors.

I may be overly negative in my posts, but I am negative about more than just directv, I spread it around among all the providers.

Your opinion is noted, but I doubt if you conducted a poll at the various forums, I would be less popular than scobuck, mainly because I actually try to provide a balanced perspective.

Back to the topic at-hand....

SkyReport had an interesting article this morning about TimeWarner's HD offerings later this year. They interviewed Senior Vice President and Chief Programming Officer Melinda Witmer, who had this to say about the DirecTV/MLB deal:
Witmer said she wasn't sure why people have criticized the deal as if it were "rigged" against competition, and the issue boils down to the "evaluation of whether acquiring programming is too expensive or not."
Finally a rational statement within the industry rather than a flamboyant call-to-arms.

When talking about price increases, you forgot to mention the $99 increase for ST HD better known as the Super Fan. One year it was free and the next year it was $49 to $99 depending on how successful you could negotiate. That was a price increase, not an additional service. Forget the bull they tried to package with it, it was a price increase and the reason I no longer have ST.

"Only because it seems that no matter what we get, you always seem to put a negative spin on it."

And whatever we get when it comes to directv, scobuck puts a positive spin on it. The problem is he is just as negative about all other competitors.

I may be overly negative in my posts, but I am negative about more than just directv, I spread it around among all the providers.

Your opinion is noted, but I doubt if you conducted a poll at the various forums, I would be less popular than scobuck, mainly because I actually try to provide a balanced perspective.

Try the poll at avsforums and dbstalk (both of which you are banned at) - let's see. Those 2 and this one (total of 3) are the ONLY forums I go to. You are banned at 2 out of 3.

Let's face it: DTV knows that anyone who has Extra Innings and HD is going to pay extra for Super Fan. So it's a sneaky price increase that I hope most people won't go for. It is unreasonable to expect anything but one price increase after another now that DTV has an exclusive on Extra Innings. But I have a question: Is it possible to play the computer version of the Extra Innings package (offered through MLB.com) through your TV? Is there a way to connect?

Just curious, ScoBuck: Why does it say "DirecTV. The Undisputed Leader in Sports HD Programming" on your signature. Are you a DirecTV employee?

Let's face it: DTV knows that anyone who has Extra Innings and HD is going to pay extra for Super Fan. So it's a sneaky price increase that I hope most people won't go for. It is unreasonable to expect anything but one price increase after another now that DTV has an exclusive on Extra Innings. But I have a question: Is it possible to play the computer version of the Extra Innings package (offered through MLB.com) through your TV? Is there a way to connect?

Just curious, ScoBuck: Why does it say "DirecTV. The Undisputed Leader in Sports HD Programming" on your signature. Are you a DirecTV employee?

To connect your PC to your HDTV your HDTV must be PC compatable Check your owner's manual for your HDTV to see if it is PC compatable.Good Luck!:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.