Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital Rain

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Greetings to all!

I am looking to bulid a FTA system. I have a 30'' dish with the Directv style feed support. I wanted to know if there are Linear LNB's that will fit that type support and if not is there a mod that can be done.

As for a revcr what's the difference between FTA and digichiper or are they both the same thing

Hello and welcome to SatelliteGuys.US!

There may be adapters available to make the LNBF fit. What make of Dish is it?
Any pictures, is it grey or white?

If its the square style, I know some LNB's from DMSI have that

I got a Dual KU band LNBF from PSB and it had the "Directv" style LNB

It's a winegard 76cm - grey - don't have pictures of it. (i should take pictures tho) == It's the directv style support (square style)

I don't know if the they make one BUT I am in the middle of mucking around with one for a 18" dish. I used two pieces of wood and cut a 30 degree angle in one of them. I stuck one piece in the arm and skewed the other piece to that one. On top of that I skewed a adapter that someone mailed me. It works BUT I need to fine tune it.

I will have to upload a pic next week so you can see what I am talking about.

Digital Rain said:
Greetings to all!

I am looking to build a FTA system. I have a 30'' dish with the Directv style feed support. I wanted to know if there are Linear LNB's that will fit that type support and if not is there a mod that can be done.

As for a revcr what's the difference between FTA and digichiper or are they both the same thing
;)

Be aware that the ASC322 will fit the mount, but you will need to find a method to adjust the skew of the feedhorn if you are aiming at any satellite that is not due south of your location. You will need a linear feed adapter to adjust the LNBF rotation on the end of the arm. Otherwise you will need to get creative to figure out how to rotate the skew of the dish. Some dishes designed for multiple mount LNBFs have the skew adjustment on the back of the dish, but the single LNBF types do not have this adjustment.

This LNBF is PERFECT if you ever add a motor to your system, as the dish moves it sets its own skew.

So The tracking isn't like the DBS? after finding all the satellite. I can't just go out and move it and lock it down? Didn't think those systems needed skew settings.

All linear polarized satellites need skewed to some extent the further you get from your true south. DBS satellites use circular polarization so the LNB can go at ANY skew, Phase III and Dish 500 have skew on them just to have the LNB's at different heights to correspond with the satellites on the Clarke Belt.

Clockwise (negative skew)to the east and anticlockwise (positive skew) to the west, from in front of the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.