Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvrohunter

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Northwest Canada
Hi,

I have a 10' Unimesh where I live. Its very windy. I'm down to 2 of the twist in clips that hold the LNB cover on. I've taken it off in the meantime to prevent it from blowing away. Any ideas as to where or what I could use as replacement clips?

Also The wind seems to be loosening the F connector on the LNBF. Would a little electrical tape work to secure the connector from loosening off? It's amazing what wind can do!

Thanks

Can't seem to get mine to stay clothed either, it is naked most of the time. :D

If you really want to use your cover take a pic of the clips and if I have the same clips I'll send them to ya. For the coax coming undone just use a 7/16 wrench and turn it tight not to tight tho that is.

Large screws can replace the broken/lost push-pins. They won't tighten up much since the threads will be going into thin plastic, but it will be enough to hold the nose cone in place.

I have also used plastic cable ties in a pinch.

I found that if only one bottom hole has a cable tie, it makes it easy to work on the lnb. Just unscrew the screws in the other holes and let the nose cone 'hinge' down from the cable tie. That eliminates carrying the nose cone up and down. ;)

Reactions: FTA4PA and Titanium
Large screws can replace the broken/lost push-pins. They won't tighten up much since the threads will be going into thin plastic, but it will be enough to hold the nose cone in place.

I have also used plastic cable ties in a pinch.

I found that if only one bottom hole has a cable tie, it makes it easy to work on the lnb. Just unscrew the screws in the other holes and let the nose cone 'hinge' down from the cable tie. That eliminates carrying the nose cone up and down. ;)

Sounds good. I'll give it a try. I was thinking about the electrical tape just to snug it up to keep it from disconnecting. It's done it once or twice now. You wouldn't believe the wind here. It can unscrew anything. It's amazing.

I've replaced the worn plastic threads with automotive threaded panel clips. Slip the clips over the cap edge and the screws can be securely tightened.
WEF-2346.jpg

Tried the nylon snap clips and they weren't strong enough.

I've replaced the worn plastic threads with automotive threaded panel clips. Slip the clips over the cap edge and the screws can be securely tightened.
WEF-2346.jpg

Tried the nylon snap clips and they weren't strong enough.

Damn. Thats a fine idea. My local autoparts store has that!

Reactions: KE4EST
Hi,

I have a 10' Unimesh where I live. Its very windy. I'm down to 2 of the twist in clips that hold the LNB cover on. I've taken it off in the meantime to prevent it from blowing away. Any ideas as to where or what I could use as replacement clips?

Also The wind seems to be loosening the F connector on the LNBF. Would a little electrical tape work to secure the connector from loosening off? It's amazing what wind can do!

Thanks

Take zip ties and run them through the holes and they will keep the hood on. You may have to drill a small hole in the mounting place attacked to the feed to get them through. Be sure to use the zip ties that are UV resistant or they'll fall apart over time.

Reactions: tvrohunter
I lost mine a couple of months ago in a storm. Functionally it doesn't matter, I wrapped my stuff in taped up strong plastic bag, But I sort of miss the (fake) solid appearance it seemed to give to my dish. And well, living in the Netherlands it would be far too costly to truy and order a spare one, assuming that they still had one on stock at the manufacturer's. Over here such dishes are rare nowadays, I guess I'd have to alter a narrow plastic bucket to getr anything near similar. Too bad...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)