LNB drift after I "moved"

MikeF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I almost hate to ask this but is there any other way to have the lnb serviced other than "moving" back to my billing address. The drift has now reached into the 7's. From watching the discussions it would see E's CS is maybe watching for this more. I couldn't stand losing my HD locals.

I almost hate to ask this but is there any other way to have the lnb serviced other than "moving" back to my billing address. The drift has now reached into the 7's. From watching the discussions it would see E's CS is maybe watching for this more. I couldn't stand losing my HD locals.

Call up a local retailer and ask if he'll do a one-time service call (guessing approx $100 for the call).

Oh I'm sorry, I honestly don't know what it is and can't find a definite answer by searching the forums..I just want to know what it is...I read about it all the time but can't never 'assume' I know what it is...goodness!

Thanks for the info. I currently have a drift -6 and will call tech service to see what they say though I am receiving all channels.

I had the problem of my lnb drift rising a little each month. I called tech originally and they wouldn't do anything -- I was told to wait until it failed.

I called tech a couple of months ago and they arranged to have a free service call to replace the lnb under a special program for this problem. I don't know if the program is still in effect, but it is worth a try.

Hi all,

I was messing around in the system info menu and noticed I have a LNB drift too.

LNB Drift Detected
0x0d, 0xa1, 119(c -5)

Hmm, wonder if I should call tech support? I still get all my channels.

Later,

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts