LNB for 58W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am trying to get all the channels. I have a universal LNB and the LNB for the HD receiver. I am currently using the Chapparral LNB to see the HD channels using the HD receiver and loss several channels. When I replace the universal LNB and use the normal receiver I get all the channels. It seems that the HD receiver is not getting all the channels. I want to get a stronger LNB.

I would be more concerned about dish size then LNBF.

Last edited:
I would be more concerned about dish size then LNBF. what size of dish do you have and what channel are you most interested in watching.

He's trying to see the few HD channels from SkyMexico :rolleyes:

I am trying to get all the channels. I have a universal LNB and the LNB for the HD receiver. I am currently using the Chapparral LNB to see the HD channels using the HD receiver and loss several channels. When I replace the universal LNB and use the normal receiver I get all the channels. It seems that the HD receiver is not getting all the channels. I want to get a stronger LNB.

I bought a Chapparral heavy duty lnbf, which I seriously think something was wrong with it. since I could get 1 channel out of all sats from 127 G31/H1 to 30 Hipsat.

When I called Chapparral they were very rude & said they never made that lnbf, when I told them it had there name on it the guy hung up the phone on me. The lnb went in the trash & I called Galaxy for a DMX

I have been sold on DMX ever since. I use the DMX741U on that sat you're after with very good results

> Is it ready for HD channels?

All modern day LNB(F) can receive HD, and from a scientific stand point the only thing we really look at are stability, noise floor, and selectivity. With that said it doesn't care what the modulation is HD / SD / FM / S2 or DBS.

If it can hear it, it should pass it down to the receiver. No such thing as an HD only antenna or LNB(F).

Is it ready for HD channels?

HD? You bet! :up
The only thing I would mention is if you planning on Subing like a 4DTV subscription ( if they continue them) Then go for the standard DMX741

The Ku side to is is standard 10750

The DMX741U is Universal Ku
9750/10600

Honestly I have both & I have found the DMX741U to be a little more forgiving on Ku how accurate I have to point.

C Band I have found no difference, but Ku, I prefer the DMX741U.

I would call in & ask Galaxy what they think as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)