Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Anybody know where I can get a LNB holder for a Channelmaster 1.0m dish?

Member Jullius was selling a 1.0m dish and I met up with him today and picked it up :)
But it doesnt have a LNB holder. Since it has the support arms on the side and they dont "meet" at the bottm support, I assume its some wacky holder for it?

Do I have to get the "correct" one or can I just use one of my existing ones?

I know there are a few folks who have one of these. Can you take a couple close up pics of the LNB holder/collar and how the support arms line up?

Here is the pics of the dish
http://www.satelliteguys.us/satelliteguys-classifieds/185199-fs-1-meter-primestar-dish.html

Attachments

• IMG_0857.JPG
    IMG_0857.JPG
    460.9 KB · Views: 748
That's not a normal CM dish. The feed support arms usually fit in 3 holes in the reflector. Are you sure it's not a Prod??

Here's a couple of pics of a "normal" CM dish...this is a 1.2 but the 1 meter is very similar. Also here is a pic of the junction block...

Attachments

• IMG_0227s.jpg
    IMG_0227s.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_2972s.jpg
    IMG_2972s.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:
It is a great dish, Iceberg. I got one set up for the once great G18. (I'm still grieveing...)
When I get home tomorrow afternoon I will get a closeup pix of the holder.(if no one beat me to it). I believe it is the same kind of holder I have on my 1.2 Channel Master dish, same size and all.

Iceberg, the lnb holder are identical on both of my dishes. It is like the pixs that ACradio show.
If lnb holder on my smaller CM dishes are all the same size as the others I can take it off and send it to you.That is, IF it the same size LNB holder as the larger CM dishes. I got a .75 dish I have no use for.

There are no markings on the dish but it has a Primestar mount (identical to my 84e but this mount is a helluva lot bigger). Where the "Channelmaster" stamp would be it is blank (nothing there)

The 3 arms are all flat at the end. The ones that acradio shows are rounded (almost like pipes)

here are the pic's of my holder. The square in the top right part of the dish is just like my 1.2. My 1.8 prodelin has it also and neither has any writing in it.

Attachments

• 100_3239.JPG
    100_3239.JPG
    706.6 KB · Views: 556
  • 100_3240.JPG
    100_3240.JPG
    724.5 KB · Views: 534
That looks like it would be the one :)

now where the heck would I find something like that (unless someone here has an extra to sell)

I have the one that came with my conical scalar ring on my 1.2. I just drilled a 1/4 hole in it and got some strap and conected the side holders to it.

If I had a extra one you could have it. sorry about that..

Otherwise I have some extra LNB holders around that I'll try

1st thing is to modify the bracket. The bracket on the back of that is a 3" bracket. The mast is a 2.5" mast on the NPRM. I took a 84e Primestar bracket and wedged it on the NPRM. Its very tight but it fit :)

Now to line up the holes and possibly drill a few more :)

I believe the newer Channel Master dishes (Andrew) are designed differently, and they use flattened feed support arms. I saw one of these newer dishes atop a Goodyear tire center the other day, I'll try to get some close-up pics. The focal length looks to be a LOT longer than on the older Channel Masters, which means it would be easier to hit two adjacent satellites using one dish :) ...

Fabricatin' Time!

edit:
How about any of these:
HOLDERS FOR LNB LNBF Dual Single DSS Standard and Universal

Maybe one of those can be fashioned to fit your lnb support arms.....

I bought Item #2 from Sadoun & item number 3 came with my DMX741U from Galaxy Marketing I'm pretty sure anyone of those will work. A Stab 120 motor would turn that dish
I believe the newer Channel Master dishes (Andrew) are designed differently, and they use flattened feed support arms. I saw one of these newer dishes atop a Goodyear tire center the other day, I'll try to get some close-up pics. The focal length looks to be a LOT longer than on the older Channel Masters, which means it would be easier to hit two adjacent satellites using one dish :) ...

I really believe there are different versions like the Rx & the VSAT type. The VSAT has a little sturdier setup, which would equal more weight & not anymore gain, I don't believe, as far as receiving TV is concerned.

shoot....that's not what I wanted.

I guess I'll try and rig up some of the LNB holders I have here to work on it

I guess Iceberg posted this link showing the backside of the dish, but the picture he posted above was only from the front.
I took this to be a Prodelin dish, hooked to a Primestar mount.

Since the dish is modified, and the mount is a clever graft-job, I see no reason to think the LNB arms are stock.
oops: Looking at the PDF Pedro posted, maybe they -are- stock, so more research into Prodelin docs might prove fruitful.
But at least, be on the lookout for a Prodelin part, not a Channelmaster part.

And if you -do- go mini-budding, consider the brackets Caddata came up with a few years ago.
They might be used to hold a flat scalar (even backwards), well away from the dish.
You then slide on a conical scalar and tune for maximum smoke. - :rolleyes:
Just make new side/bottom LNB support arms a few inches longer than stock.

we'll see what happens

I did get the dish on the NPRM. Lined up the holes from the 84e Primestar bracket and the holes fit perfect vertically but are short going across...so drilled a couple new holes and got dish mounted on the NPRM :)

Havent decided what to do with the dish. Might try some C-Band like 121W or if all else fails I'll upgrade the 84e Primestar on the deck to the 1meter for KU Band :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts