lnb issues

peguin

Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
ontario
Hello, thank you for your support. I am trying to get another dish running at my house, I aimed the dish and put an lnb I bought from ebay, but can't seem to get it running. when i change out the lnb with my existing lnb it works fine. What am I doing wrong? By the way I have bell and need both 91 ND 82

If the 2nd dish works with your "original" lnb (but not with the new one), then the problem must lie with the new lnb from ebay.

What kind of lnb is it: circular, linear, universal. New, used? (Bell's signals are circular).

It is a twin dish network pro dp lnb, it was advertised as having a built in switch. It is used. I am thinking that once a lnb/dish/receiver is set up and working, that if you swap out lnb, it should work without having to reset receiver. which I did with as per requested by seller of lnb. I did check switch after resetting and I had signal errors and what not. Then I put back working lnb and all was good again.

Last edited:
Set the Skew on your Dish as per your location and don't touch it again.

Then with the original LNBF in the correct (91) side of the "Y" yolk, peak your signal on any TP of Nimiq 91.

When set, remove it and add the DP Twin, which is now going to take up both sides of the "Y" yolk, right.?

That should be it, run a check switch.

I forgot to mention, i put ebay lnb on existing dish and i get lost signal errors, would I have to reset receiver and do check switch? or should it work with out doing anything other than switching out lnb? thanks for helping

peguin -

Are you certain you received an identical LNB from ebay?

Dish Network has similar looking LNB's. There is a Dish PRO version (1 port on each side of yoke), and Dish Pro 'Plus' version (2 ports on one side of yoke, and 1 'LNB-IN' port on opposite side for use with wing-dish setups).

Make sure you got the right one. If so, then you may have gotten a bum one. Add a pic to your reply if you are uncertain what you got.

Both LNB's have dual ports on each side. The original one says dp plus, other one says dish network, both say digital LNBF I tried check switch with ebay bought LNB and test saying fewer satellites than previously detected. I just noticed original LNB has each connector labeled 1,2,3,4 from left to right. ebay one has it from left to right 1A 1B 2A 2B. the outer shell of the two are identical, but between the two ports, there are visual differences. How many different kinds are there? How can I be sure what I have? and know what is compatible to my needs? thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)