LNB Naked or Covered?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
I just took the covering from an LNB to reduce the size so that it can fit the dish in a multiple LNB setup and then wraped it with plastic fllowed by duct tape. My question is would it be better to leave it uncovered or cover the body of the LNB as I described earlier?

I don't think it makes any difference. As long as the opening of the feed is not getting wet.
Don't let water goe down inside the throat.

It's best to not remove the original cover. I have an old lnbf where the plastic cover fell apart. I left the lnbf uncovered and rain got into it and the lnbf stopped working.
I took it apart and dried it out and it started working again, but the lo frequency had changed. I covered the lnbf with plastic and tape. This caused a problem with condensation on the inside of the plastic which degraded the signal. So I left a very small opening on the bottom of the plastic cover which solved the condensation problem and so far the rain hasn't caused any new problems.

I like them naked...oh wait...that's my women :D

When you say naked do you mean the covering around the LNB or the LNB eye? If its the covering, heck I have a few LNB's like that set up.

I like them naked...oh wait...that's my women :D

When you say naked do you mean the covering around the LNB or the LNB eye? If its the covering, heck I have a few LNB's like that set up.
I mean covering the the body of the LNB not the LNB eye.:)

if its the body you dont need plastic on it...its sealed already :)

Like the left LNB in the below pic? (that is my 123/119 setup at one time)

Attachments

• IM000838.JPG
    IM000838.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 252
if its the body you dont need plastic on it...its sealed already :)

Like the left LNB in the below pic? (that is my 123/119 setup at one time)
Yep! That's it Ice! It doesn't matter if it is covered, does it?:confused: Otherwise, i have to go and unrap that LNB. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts