LNB or Receiver problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Timsatx

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
This was somewhat mentioned in a previous thread but I wanted to address this in its own thread to try and get a response.

I finally got my ASL-1 today. This weekend I am going to use it to re-tune my antenna (SWM LNB). Not fully understanding how this all works I wanted to ask this. If I am able to tune the antenna (also using my Acutrac 22 Pro) but my receiver (HR22) does not pick up a SWM signal, yet it would pick up standard signals with my old Ka/Ku LNB running cables to tuner 1 & 2, does this actually mean that there is a receiver problem or could the problem be with the LNB?

I am leaning towards the receiver as the problem but not having a way to hook it up to a known good LNB I wasn't sure so I wanted to try and get a feel for it here.

What type of rec is it, and do you have a PI-21 hooked up and un-plugged the rec before plugging the PI in?

As mentioned above, I am using an HR22. I have also plugged the PI in before plugging in the receiver. I do have a 4-output LNB on the way. It is actually what I wanted originally as I have a SWM8 that I want to hook up so I can do away with my old antenna and still run legacy devices.

It would be doubtful that there would be two LNB's in a row that would have the problem, so once I get it in I should know for sure. Unfortunately that probably won't be until next week.

I think this weekend I am going to hook up my old Ka/Ku LNB to the new antenna and setup my SWM8 to get ready for the new LNB. I will run everything off of it (the old Ka/Ku) until I get my new LNB and then I can hook it all up the way it should be. If I still have problems with the signal it won't keep me from basically hooking everything the way it is now until I get a new receiver, if the receiver is bad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)