Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mansour

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Hello,

I have a Captiveworkds 600S and have a few LNB questions:
  • How can I know if an LNB is equivalent to another LNB? For instance, is Fortec Star FSKU-V equivalent to the one shown in NEW KU BAND LNB UNIVERSAL LINEAR SINGLE FTA LNBF 0.2dB | eBay
  • Is the voltage send by the receiver to the LNB standardized or is it different for different LNBs or Receivers?
  • My receiver shows short-circuit message with my Fortec Star FSKU-V after a recent lightening. Is there any remedy other than replacing it? The Dish and coaxial are grounded. Is there any other protection I can provide? If so how? How can I know if the receiver is not damaged?
  • The N.F for my Fortec Star FSKU-V LNB is 0.4 DB. The lower the number the better?
  • The frequency range with my LNB is 10.7 - 12.7 GHZ. Are there any LNBs that include this frequency and can work in a wider range of frequencies as many FTA signals are outside this range?
  • Is there an list of LNBs that match Captiveworkds 600S or any given model?

Thank you in advance.:help::hatsoff:

How can I know if an LNB is equivalent to another LNB? For instance, is Fortec Star FSKU-V equivalent to the one shown in NEW KU BAND LNB UNIVERSAL LINEAR SINGLE FTA LNBF 0.2dB | eBay
Both of those listed LNBFs are probably very similar and you will probably not notice any performance differences. Both LNBFs are Universal type, meaning that they are capable of tuning both high band and low band KU-band FSS bands. Never heard of the seller or the brand, but that doesn't mean much....

Is the voltage send by the receiver to the LNB standardized or is it different for different LNBs or Receivers?
These type of KU-band LNBFs use a low voltage to switch between horizontal transponders and vertical transponders. Typically, receivers send 13vdc for vertical (or right hand) polarized transponders and 18vdc to select horizontal (or left hand) polarized transponders.

My receiver shows short-circuit message with my Fortec Star FSKU-V after a recent lightening. Is there any remedy other than replacing it? The Dish and coaxial are grounded. Is there any other protection I can provide? If so how? How can I know if the receiver is not damaged?
If the coax cable is disconnected from the back of the receiver, does the STB still display a short circuit? If so, the receiver was likely damaged. Unplug the receiver for several hours and see if it resets. If the receiver no longer indicates a short circuit when the coax is disconnected, then the issue is either a damaged LNBF or cable. To determine if the short is caused by the cable or the LNBF, disconnect the coax cable from the LNBF and reconnect the cable to the receiver. If the receiver does not indicate a short when the coax is attached, but the LNBF is disconnected, then the LNBF has been damaged.

Grounding protects electronics from static and EMF damage, but nothing will prevent damage to electronics if it is a direct or near-by hit.

The N.F for my Fortec Star FSKU-V LNB is 0.4 DB. The lower the number the better?
If you see any NR lower than 0.3 - 0.5dB, it is a marketing lie. 0.2 or 0.1dB NR LNBFs do not exist in an Ebay world or anywhere else for that matter.....

The frequency range with my LNB is 10.7 - 12.7 GHZ. Are there any LNBs that include this frequency and can work in a wider range of frequencies as many FTA signals are outside this range?
If you are watching international satellites, you will need this Universal type of LNBF as the low band frequencies are often used outside of North America. If you are only watching North American satellites (like Galaxy 19 @97w) then you do not need a LNBF that tunes low band KU-band frequencies as they are not transmitted. A Standard type LNBF with only a single KU-band frequency would be fine for any North American satellite. Universal LNBFs tune 10.7 - 12.75GHz in two bands and using an automatic 22KHZ switching tone to select between the two bands. Each band uses an unique LO frequencies to carry the satellite signals from the LNBF to the receiver. The low band uses LO 9750 and the high band uses LO 10600. Standard type LNBFs typically tune 11.7 - 12.2GHz and only use one LO frequency of 10750.

Is there an list of LNBs that match Captiveworkds 600S or any given model?
For KU-band replacement LNBF, you may purchase any Universal or Standard type LNBF.

Word of advice. Don't buy based on distributor or reseller claims; but rather, buy based on the recommendations of members like those on SatelliteGuys.

Good luck with your situation. Hope that all you need is a new LNBF!

Mansour are you in Cherryhill, NJ

Hello,

I have a Captiveworkds 600S and have a few LNB questions:
  • How can I know if an LNB is equivalent to another LNB? For instance, is Fortec Star FSKU-V equivalent to the one shown in NEW KU BAND LNB UNIVERSAL LINEAR SINGLE FTA LNBF 0.2dB | eBay
  • Is the voltage send by the receiver to the LNB standardized or is it different for different LNBs or Receivers?
  • My receiver shows short-circuit message with my Fortec Star FSKU-V after a recent lightening. Is there any remedy other than replacing it? The Dish and coaxial are grounded. Is there any other protection I can provide? If so how? How can I know if the receiver is not damaged?
  • The N.F for my Fortec Star FSKU-V LNB is 0.4 DB. The lower the number the better?
  • The frequency range with my LNB is 10.7 - 12.7 GHZ. Are there any LNBs that include this frequency and can work in a wider range of frequencies as many FTA signals are outside this range?
  • Is there an list of LNBs that match Captiveworkds 600S or any given model?

Thank you in advance.:help::hatsoff:

Thank you for your reply and all the great information.

What is the recommendation for Captivewoorks 600S? Thank you.

Fo KU-band, just about any linear polarity, Standard type (LO 10750) or Universal type (LO9750/10600) LNBF will work with your receiver. Just don't buy a circular polarity LMNF which are used for Dish Network or DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New Positions for Me TV, and This TV starting today

Where is the next FTAer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)