Lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
How do I run a dula band lnb that has one cable for c and ku to a recvier that has tow ports for c and ku?

If you have a receiver with a C-Band input connection and a Ku-Band input connection, my guess is that it's an Analog receiver, but regardless, you will have to feed the C-Band with one cable from a C-Band lnb (or lnbf), and use a separate cable to feed the Ku-Band from a Ku-Band lnb (or lnbf).

So I cant use a spliiter or soemthing?
nope

What kind of lnb did a late 80s winegard use? whats the chance its still good it been inside the cover
most LNB's are usually good no matter how old they are. Unless lightning hit it or something it probably would still work. But you need 2 cables one for KU and one for C-band to go to an analog box. Digital you could use a Diseqc switch but the older LNB's only did one polarity at a time :)

If you have a Digital receiver, it won't have a seperate input between C-Band and Ku-Band, they both go into the same input. Then you could use switches and one cable to get both C-Band and Ku-Band to the receiver from the lnb (or lnbf).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)