lnbf compatable to my Hot Dish 90

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alemmoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
pottstown,pa
I have a Hot Dish 90 with a Invacom Quad LNB and 2 Sonicview 360 elites, that will not Blind Scan. Am I correct in that I do not need to hook up the C= circular port on the Invacom, if I only want FTA KU Programing? I had a motor on it last June, but took it off because I could not alien and catch more than one KU Sat.
I gave up and then got a Glory Star System from Satellite AV and Love it because of their great instructions and Support. I am starting over with the Hot Dish. I would like to catch, both Amc 21 @ 125. degrees and Galaxy 12- 18 @ 123.degrees, without the motor. Since the Invacom will not pick up both, would the Satellite-AV Dual LNBF 4 degree rotating bracket with their Dual KU Bullet be compatable with my Hot Dish 90 to pick up both? Thanks In advance.

no:

I have a Hot Dish 90 with a Invacom Quad LNB and 2 Sonicview 360 elites,...
I am starting over with the Hot Dish.
I would like to catch, both Amc 21 @ 125. degrees and Galaxy 12- 18 @ 123.degrees, without the motor.
Since the Invacom will not pick up both, would the Satellite-AV Dual LNBF 4 degree rotating bracket with their Dual KU Bullet be compatable with my Hot Dish 90 to pick up both?
No, the satellites are too close to each other for LNBs that size, and mounted on that dish.
For a more comprehensive discussion on how to do it on one dish, see page 4 and 5 of the AMC 21 thread.
I ran some numbers and gave examples and links of interest.
Your best bet is two dishes.

your other question:

I have a Hot Dish 90 with a Invacom Quad LNB and 2 Sonicview 360 elites, that will not Blind Scan.
Am I correct in that I do not need to hook up the C= circular port on the Invacom, if I only want FTA KU Programing?
The L or Linear connectors are all you need.
However, if you hook an L and a C through a 22khz switch or a diseqc switch, to each receiver (two switches for two receivers), then each can select circular if need be.
See our Switch FAQ if you need help, and we can talk about it, too. :)
Why might you want to do that?
Well there are a few unscrambled channels on some of the circular pay services.
Dish Network 119° bird comes to mind:
- NASA (yes the space agency!) - :)
- Angel One (religious station)

Thanks Anole:
I moved the Dish to get AMC 103 and higher because of neighbor’s trees. If I put the motor back on, is there any way to alien it for these Sats, without being able to see any southern direction for set up position? I have never been able to find any person to come out and alien my up Dish to track the Sats. I spent over 30 hours on the roof last summer, before I gave it up. Yes, the pole was plumbed perfect. I am 40 miles west of Philadelphia.
Do you know of any one, that I could pay to do this?
Will my Sonicview 360 Elite pickup the channels that show the Video Encryption as DVB? I thought they were off limits to FTA.
Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)