LNBF? on RA6-074 DirecWay Radio Assembly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
Does anyone have the specification on the LNBF that is built into the RA6-074C DirecWay Radio Assembly?

I need:

Freq Range:
Local Oscillator Freq:
22KHz tone: On or OFF?

Also, what are the satellites used for DirecWay in North America?
What transponders?

TIA

I don't have all the answers you need, but this is what I've found (I do not promise any accuracy in what I've found):

Frequency Range: Ku Band
Modulation (Receive): QPSK
Modulation (Transmit): OQPSK
Bit Error Rate (Receive): 10 -10 or beter
Bit Error Rate (Transmit): 10 -7 or better
Supported Frequencies: Ku-band (14.0 - 14.5 GHz uplink, 10.95 - 12.75 GHz downlink)

Direcway currently leases about 30 transponders on 5 satellites providing North American coverage: 87W, 91W, 95W, 99W, and 116.8W

I cannot yet find the exact xponders, will update this post if I find more/better information.

Thanks. That information is good. :)

Good to know that the LNBF has a range of 10.95 - 12.75 GHz downlink. I am interested in the LO frequency for that type of lNBF :confused: and whether it is split into two bands were 22KHz will be required. :confused:

If you find the TPs, please update this post.

From what I can gather the LO Freq should be 10750.

Ahh and I found some other bits from a configuration:
Transmit Path: Satellite
Outroute: Primary
Longitude: 91 West
Receive Frequency: 990 MHz
Receive Symbol Rate: 30 Msps
Receive Polarization: Vertical
Transmit Polarization: Horizontal
22KHz Tone: Off <----

Last edited:
damaged

The LO freq varies from one type of lnbf to another. 10750 is for a standard KU Linear LNBF with a freq range of 11.7-12.2 GHz.

If you have a the DirecWay LNBF, take a look at the label and you maybe able to read the specs off of it. Or it could be in the spec sheet with the LNBF. Unfortunately, I don't have one handy to look at.

Last edited:
Well, we are getting very close. If you are locked on TP2 (11740 V 30000) on 91W, then that would indeed make the LO frequency for the LNBF you have 10750.

damaged, is your DirecWay dish the round commercial or the oval dish?

Do you know if you have the RA6-074C assembly or the RA6-TG (on this one the LNB is installed on top of the transceiver just between the feedhorn and the transceiver).

RA6-074C
RA6-074.jpg

RA6-TG
RA6-TG.jpg

Sadoun

The DirecPC dish (I assume is the same as Directway) is a 11.7-12.2 LNB (standard 10750 LO)
noise ratio is .6

Depending on the unit, some are one polarity...both of my DPC dishes will do both poarities. One has a cylinder LNB with a flange on it. Dish size 32x19
The other is a rectangle type LNB. Dish is 39x23

I'll take pictures of both and post :)

OK Sadoun, I just came in from outside. It rained all day yesterday. It's not raining now. I took off the cover and looked at the LNB. The only info I see says 11.7 - 12.2 Ghz. Hope that helps. If not, Sorry.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts