LNBF Question For The Masses

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Got a question about an LNBF that was given to me the other day. It's suppose to be a DMX741S but the label is missing and there's some major differences between it and the two I already have. This one is all gray and has a metal top that houses the Ku part whereas the DMX versions I already have use an orange plastic cover over the Ku section?

Since pictures of the BSC621 LNBFs I've seen online show they are solid gray I was wondering if this one might be one of those instead of the DMX?? Not that it makes any difference mind you as I've often wondered how the BSC621s performed compared to the DMX741 I've been using for the past few years. If I ever have to buy another LNBF it will probably be a BSC621.

So having said all that, does anyone have a BSC621 that can confirm my suspicions about this one I just got or can someone confirm that the early DMX741s did in fact have a metal Ku cover?

Thanks

Last edited:
IIRC,my bsc621 is more of a brownish/beigish color,but I haven't seen it for awhile,so it might be gray,I can't remember.It's on the Pinnacle,under cover and surrounded by snow at the moment,so it's a little difficult to get at right now.

My 621 (one of the originals) is gray with a plastic cover. As with anything from China, the appearance can vary between production runs. If you got it from the original owner, It is probably what he says it is.

Does it look anything like this?

DMX741.gif

I think you could have just about anything. In the years we sold the BSC series they would vary from creme to white to grey. Originally they all came with the metal housing for the Ku section but near the end of our time selling them at least one variant (621-2D???) had the plastic. It is probably a safe bet that other lines had similar variations making them hard to identify once that label is gone.

Thanks guys. The person I got it from told me that it was one of two he purchased a few years ago, ie, one came with a dish he got from Sadoun and he ordered the other one for another dish he had. I was just curious as it doesn't look like any of the 4 DMX versions I've gotten in the past.

I've often wondered about the BSC621S and wouldn't mind having one of those to test with.

Ennywho, when I get time I'll mount it see how it does. It's 68* here and I would do it today but the race is on. ;)

Thanks guys. The person I got it from told me that it was one of two he purchased a few years ago, ie, one came with a dish he got from Sadoun and he ordered the other one for another dish he had. I was just curious as it doesn't look like any of the 4 DMX versions I've gotten in the past.

I've often wondered about the BSC621S and wouldn't mind having one of those to test with.

Ennywho, when I get time I'll mount it see how it does. It's 68* here and I would do it today but the race is on. ;)
It's raining :mad:,you got lots of time :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts