Servo problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

. Raine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 6, 2013
North America, CT.
Just put the original ADL feed that came with my 9' Radio Shack dish onto it and it's scanning in the TP's on the wrong polarity. I'm using an ASC1 {the second version} to control the servo and the default skew setting is -45 degrees. If I set the skew to 90 degrees, it scans in good, but also scans TP's on both H and V. Have the manual for the dish and I bolted the feed onto the dish arm in the orientation that it shows to.

Any ideas of what's wrong? Would flipping the LNB around do anything, or do I have to actually rotate the whole feed, or could something be wrong with the servo? Does the servo have to be calibrated in any way before use? I've never used a feed with a servo to control polarity before, so i don't know a lot about them.

The feed and servo are new/never used, out of the box, but 15-20 years old.

Sounds like the probe is not positioned correctly when the feedhorn was installed. Probably 90 degrees out of rotation.

To calibrate the probe, move the dish to the top of the arc with the ASC1 set to vertical polarity and the default skew setting. If the probe is not sitting at the 12/6 o'clock position, manually rotate the feedhorn until the probe is vertical.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Will try that, Brian. Thanks!

So far I'm liking the ASC1, the only problem I've had so far is once in a while it won't move automatically from the receiver, but I suspect it's the X-2 and not the ASC1. It will move from the ASC1 when that does happen. When my MIcroHD [ should be only a few days] arrives, I'm gonna try it out with that.

Last edited:
Not sure of that specific feedhorn, but often the probe and servo can be rotated 90 degrees and reseated.

When making these adjustments, be sure that the servo and probe is in the center of the rotation with the ASC1 set to vertical polarity and default skew offset.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Yes, the X2 always has has DiSEqC implementation problems. It works on some switches, motors and positioners, but until their engineers program the firmware following the DiSEqC protocol for sequence and timing, it will be hit and miss. Documented from first testing, but instead of rewriting, they slapped on bandaids.

microHD, Amiko, Manhattan, Traxis, AzBox, S-10... These receivers and most others working great. We are working with a few European STBs for some specialized motor features and will support multiple step motor movements in next firmware release.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts