Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Hooked up the analog receiver again...this time to the azbox and dialed up Shepherd's Chapel to make sure it worked..and it did

That pastor Arnold guy is like Doc Scott.....crazy old coot :)

But in typical satguys fashion, I noticed something at top of hour. They had a screenshot with their transponder info. Except maybe they should update it.

It says
"Galaxy IV Trans 6"

see screen shot below. So I did some checking on the way back machine and yeah it was on G4 TP6
BACK IN 2000!!! They moved to TP16 in June of 2000 (hell the date on Lyngsat today shows that same info)
I guess not only do they not want to update their channel, they dont even feel like updating the graphic with the correct TP info ;)

Just some humour for the day...by the way nice solid picture...no sparklies :)

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 436
Yup, I remember when it was on TP6........back when I installed my first bud (1992 I think)......it has been a very consistent signal for figuring out where the heck you are in the sky. It has helped me on a number of occasions.

Just rading what Iceberg said. He said he hooked up his analgue stb to receive Shepherds Chapel.
Does this mean that digital stb's are unable to recieve analgue transmissions ?
Thanks
Tony

Does this mean that digital stb's are unable to recieve analgue transmissions ?

well that depends

4DTV units (920/922) can receiver analog and Digicipher II (digital) signals
DVB receivers (Pansat/Coolsat/Fortec/Viewsat/etc etc) cannot receiver both...only digital

Every time I put up a C Band dish I always focus on the Shepherd Chapel as the focal satellite. Then I go from there when aiming for other satellites.
I have used this channnel for years!

Could be worse....they could still be noting that they were on Westar IV, Channel 6. I believe they launched on Westar, and migrated when G6, and then G4 replaced W4.

weird part is since then I have yet to see that same slate....not that I watch it religiously (no pun intended) but I do flip it on once in a while

I had a Satcruiser DSR2040 (somewhere in boxes in the garage) that can get analog and digital with a built in motor controller. However it was back in 2000 and the software/processor is very slow/outdated. This was my first FTA receiver.

some of the receivers I have are very slow but if they work what they're suppose to do I guess I can deal with slowness ;)

shepherds chapel has a digital feed as of today. Analog feed has been down for parts of today (2/23) .
Rev Murray passed away on 2/12
g16 4036 v 3649

Last edited:
Thanks Mikel, wouldn't have known otherwise. Rest in peace Rev Murray, he was on the satellite as long as I've had satellite tv, back in the late 80's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts