Shepherd's Chapel goes digital (and HD) August 1st

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Shepherd's Chapel, digital, and HD. Who would ever think that you would ever see that happening? :-D I always thought that it would be the last analog signal standing. But with the Weather Channel's analog signal finally going away.....anything is possible.

I can still see the old analog (4dtv),tried blind scan on AZbox didn't find it,tried punching the numbers in manually,still no lock.So not up there yet?
Used the numbers from this;

Attachments

• hd-specsgood.pdf
    205.7 KB · Views: 393
I tried early this am and there was nothing. Not a peep! Perfect 10 ten ft and microhd.

Edit: tried again this Sunday afternoon and nothing. I'm getting 80% Q on the Puerto Rico stations...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I tried several times yesterday with no results.

I finally have them also. On both my 10ft and my 7.5ft , two HD and one standard. Nice picture in HD.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yep guess they turned them on this week. :) Last Sunday evening I tried several times with not even a peep.

I guess old Arnie didnt want to go digital but now that he's dead Denny decided to ;)

it's a smart idea - more channels, free up space so you can lower transponder rental costs to make ministry money go further or lease the other space on the transponder to raise more revenue for transponder costs or ministry outreach.

I highly doubt much of Dr. Murray's material is in HD unless he filmed lessons in HD in the last couple years of his life when
HD camcorders were easier to come by.

The uplink facility upgrade cost would be nominal but the hundreds and hundreds (thousands) of downlink sites (cable head-ends, TV stations, home viewers) with receiver replacement cost was a major factor when I had talked with them in the past.

I understand there is a lot of pressure from the local broadcasters on content providers stiill distributing SD 4:3 to distribute in HD 16:9 format. Especially since many of the overnight turns, sub-channels and cable tiers are gifted or sold far below rate card.

just tuned their digital test signal. It's weird to be watching Dr. Murray as clear as if I were in the control room watching the sermon being delivered/taped rather than watching with the occasional stray sparklie in the video.

I do also appreciate the conversion to digital - makes my every two-month detailed skyscan a little quicker when I don't have to pull out the analog receiver to verify him and the other rare analogs left along with audio subcarriers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)