will fta receiver work c band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

allynic

Original poster
Aug 23, 2014
I have a cative works 800s, a coolsat 4000 & 5000 and a viewsat platnium lite....could I use any of them to control a general Instrument 550I c band Receiver? or could I use any of them receivers as a c band receiver and to control dish? or any ideas.....thank you

Last edited:
None of those receivers will control the actuator on a C-Band dish directly. You would need a vbox or ASC-1. Neither will they control the GI550. You will need the GI550 to control the dish until you get one of the dish movers I mentioned. You will have to use it independent of the other receivers. The other receivers will decode DVBS C-Band signals just fine though. You will need a newer box to decode the DVB-S2 signals though.

thanks,will what file will I need on the cative works receiver for it to pick up free c band channels? maybe the factory file.

Hi, does your big dish use the older style polarity motor? If so a Pansat 3500 has the connectors on the back to change the polarity on the older LNB. There may be more digital receivers that can do this, I do not know. So the Pansat 3500 and a vbox should be all that is needed for DVB-S.

There's comparisons and choices to be made.
The OLD Pansat 3500 DVB-S receiver can operate a servo feedhorn for polarity. But not much would be available as most has switched to DVB-S2. (I've relegated my Pansat 3500 to one satellite/one transponder for it's 'content')
Their newest, the Pansat 9500HDX DVB-S2, receiver will also operate it. (still need something else to move the dish)

The Titanium Satellite ASC-1 actuator controller will also operate a servo feedhorn. (as well as power the actuator using just about any receiver- servo polarity and dish position 'in one')
That opens up the choices for receiver as any modern FTA box could operate the ASC-1.
A new C Band LNBF replacing the servo feedhorn means a V-box could move the dish and the receiver selects polarity via LNB voltage. (Standard method)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)