will fta receiver work c band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

allynic

Original poster
Aug 23, 2014
I have a cative works 800s, a coolsat 4000 & 5000 and a viewsat platnium lite....could I use any of them to control a general Instrument 550I c band Receiver? or could I use any of them receivers as a c band receiver and to control dish? or any ideas.....thank you

Last edited:
None of those receivers will control the actuator on a C-Band dish directly. You would need a vbox or ASC-1. Neither will they control the GI550. You will need the GI550 to control the dish until you get one of the dish movers I mentioned. You will have to use it independent of the other receivers. The other receivers will decode DVBS C-Band signals just fine though. You will need a newer box to decode the DVB-S2 signals though.

thanks,will what file will I need on the cative works receiver for it to pick up free c band channels? maybe the factory file.

Hi, does your big dish use the older style polarity motor? If so a Pansat 3500 has the connectors on the back to change the polarity on the older LNB. There may be more digital receivers that can do this, I do not know. So the Pansat 3500 and a vbox should be all that is needed for DVB-S.

There's comparisons and choices to be made.
The OLD Pansat 3500 DVB-S receiver can operate a servo feedhorn for polarity. But not much would be available as most has switched to DVB-S2. (I've relegated my Pansat 3500 to one satellite/one transponder for it's 'content')
Their newest, the Pansat 9500HDX DVB-S2, receiver will also operate it. (still need something else to move the dish)

The Titanium Satellite ASC-1 actuator controller will also operate a servo feedhorn. (as well as power the actuator using just about any receiver- servo polarity and dish position 'in one')
That opens up the choices for receiver as any modern FTA box could operate the ASC-1.
A new C Band LNBF replacing the servo feedhorn means a V-box could move the dish and the receiver selects polarity via LNB voltage. (Standard method)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts