LNBs with 2deg. sat separation w/T90

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Other than modifying LNBs are there any dual output LNBs that would allow one to look at many sats that are separated by two degrees that are also "reasonably" priced?

Just went over this again:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpe...ve-frontier-toroidal-t-90-satellite-dish.html

Suppose I'd be able to do what I want just by adjusting the skew on the dish. May end up needing a second dish. And maybe not.

And a skew related question I had. All of my linear lnbs are all skewed about 10 degrees even with my dish being skewed to 57 degrees. If T90s don't need to have the LNBs skewed (unless the sat is skewed) then should my dish really be set so I don't have to skew the LNBs at all? Say, skew my dish to 67 and lower the elevation? This would make the sats look closer together to the dish I suppose.

The T-90 dish (itself) is skewed somewhat, depending on where you are and where you have it pointed? But regardless where you are or where it is ponted, being a stationary dish you need to skew all lnbf's to make sure you get optimal performance! Some may not need it, but some will?

Al

Do you need a receiver to specifically support a bandstacked LNB or will it "just work"? I know my DVB card will work but I'm concerned about the Viewsat. Would it just use the stacked frequency when doing a blindscan and not know the difference or would I need to enter frequencies manually? There's no specific setting on my Xtreme to say I'm using a stacked LNB. Maybe that $85 Mercury II is a good idea?

any box will do fine...there are 2 ways to do it

easiest (if your box has blind scan)...set up the LNB LO to 13850 and blind scan only V polarity...it will scan all channels fine

harder way...leave the LNB LO at 10750...vertical TP's are normal...to figure out horizontal you take the H polarity, subrtact it from 24600 and change to V polarity :)

The 13850 way is easier :)

A lot of receivers just -do- bandstacked, since they support Dish/BEV , and that's what Dish uses now.
Look for an entry like: DishPro or DP

Last edited:
easiest (if your box has blind scan)...set up the LNB LO to 13850 and blind scan only V polarity...it will scan all channels fine

I just treated mine like a standard LNB (L.O. 10750) and performed a blind scan. It seems to have found everything it should (H and V), this is on G-10R with my Visionsat. Should I try again with L.O. 13850?

are you sure you're getting everything including the stuff on H like Research and UWTV?

Set it for 13850 and scan V only. It will get everything. 10750 will only get the (normally) V side

A lot of receivers just -do- bandstacked, since they support Dish/BEV , and that's what Dish uses now.
Look for an entry like: DishPro or DP

Then I would imagine it does. I'll have to look when I get home from work ;)

I've read somewhere that these lnbs were available through eBay for cheap as recently as a couple of months ago but none seem to be available now. Always seems that I miss out on deals when I don't realize I want them. :)

I've read somewhere that these lnbs were available through eBay for cheap as recently as a couple of months ago but none seem to be available now. Always seems that I miss out on deals when I don't realize I want them. :)

Just use the linear (FSS) 105 lnb from a superdish 105.

It is the same lnb with a different feedhorn.

Is it possible to use the 18V input on a multiswitch to run another bandstacked LNB by scanning for all H transponders and still using a LOF of 13850? I saw another thread in the last few days that showed a four bandstacked LNBs hooked up through a multiswitch and this is all I could think of that would explain what they were doing.

Do you know if that allow me to get the same 2 degree spacing as the P870? Or would it be just as well to shave the sides off of a DP LNB or even the ones I have now?

Yes the 105 is narrow enough to get 2 degrees on a T90, but the feed horn is not as good. Same LNB as a p870.

I have better signal strength with the p870's feedhorn, so I would buy from the link VoomVoom just posted. If you buy 4 they will be 22.25ea.

PS. I think the p870 feedhorn is a perfect shape for the T90. The outboard LNB(s) tend to be high or low of their best signal.

are you sure you're getting everything including the stuff on H like Research and UWTV?

Set it for 13850 and scan V only. It will get everything. 10750 will only get the (normally) V side

Getting UWTV and Research with the 10750 L.O., but after South Park is over, I'll rescan using 13850, and see if anything else comes in :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)