Local Affiliates?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TxDoc

Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Texas
This may be a question asked a 1000 times and may be in the FAQ's. It has been a 22 hour day and I would rather just ask and get screamed at that it is already common knowledge. :(

If Dish and Direct offer local ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX, then why don't C-band programmers?

Thank you and good night to all :sleeo

This may be a question asked a 1000 times and may be in the FAQ's. It has been a 22 hour day and I would rather just ask and get screamed at that it is already common knowledge. :(

If Dish and Direct offer local ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX, then why don't C-band programmers?

Thank you and good night to all :sleeo

Mainly because it isn't legal for anyone to sell the local networks out of area, so it requires them uplinking virtually ALL of the local channels, which requires an incredible number of transponders, which is incredibly expensive for anyone except companies who have enough income from charging it's customers 4 times what the programming is worth to afford super satellites with multiple spot beams aiming to different areas of the country...

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my slow reply back! I get the Denver affiliates, but those are of no interest to me. But, people with the small dish go get our local affiliates, even though we are a small city. Oh well, maybe the small dish is next as I cannot get the "new and improved and non-receivable" super duper digital signals the affiliates.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts