Local cable companys setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shicks4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2015
Kansas
So i get a call last week from one of my commercial companies that handle large chains needing mowing or landscaping about a job in the next town over. They wanted me to call from the site and give them a hot bid (hadnt been mowed all season and needs mowed now) and to include photos before and after. I pull up and its the local cable company's dish farm and equipment building. I thought it was pretty interesting how they had the multi feeds set up. They were swapping lnb's on all the dishes when we showed up so they took off while we knocked it down. I asked the guy if i could get a look at the stuff in the building and he said he wasnt allowed to let me in there, kinda a bummer because i was kinda interested to see what they had in there. Thought id share a few of the photos.

Wonder how many subs it feeds?

Wonder if it was a mom and pop and sudden link bought them out?

That would have been cool to see the inside :) maybe next time

I have no Idea, all i know is they were replacing all of the lnb's. A feat which im sure any of us would cringe at the expense

That's pretty slick how the multi LNBs are mounted on a skew-able ring. Are those H and V separated LNBs? on each scalar ring?

So i get a call last week from one of my commercial companies that handle large chains needing mowing or landscaping about a job in the next town over. They wanted me to call from the site and give them a hot bid (hadnt been mowed all season and needs mowed now) and to include photos before and after. I pull up and its the local cable company's dish farm and equipment building. I thought it was pretty interesting how they had the multi feeds set up. They were swapping lnb's on all the dishes when we showed up so they took off while we knocked it down. I asked the guy if i could get a look at the stuff in the building and he said he wasnt allowed to let me in there, kinda a bummer because i was kinda interested to see what they had in there. Thought id share a few of the photos.
OMG!!! I just stumbled into your Photo Bucket through those pictures. You have the most amazing talent and your kids got to have the best dad in the world!!! Anybody for Star Wars?? WOW!!

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
OMG!!! I just stumbled into your Photo Bucket through those pictures. You have the most amazing talent and your kids got to have the best dad in the world!!! Anybody for Star Wars?? WOW!!
Yes he does, he sent me those photos last year....was amazed.
I built my kids a custom 3 tier bunk bed, but mine was not that good looking.

Thanks, Ironically I used to be a cabinet builder many years ago and i find that work relaxes me. I also have a mind that needs to be worked constantly So I like challenges. I dont build as much as I like anymore but still maintain a full wood shop. Ill be starting a new bed for my daughter this fall, inspired by the disneyland castle. After that my wife wants a new kitchen............

I noticed the missing scalers as well, I didnt measure the dish sizes but they were big. I was guessing close to 16 foot. I did like the multi feed setup and thought it was interesting. This is a cable company in the next town south so i have no experience with the quality of the picture and have yet to find anyone that actually receives service from sudenlink but if they were maintaining it they must be making money selling it there. Maybe next time in there i can try to figure out what satellites they are getting with that dish but generally we are so busy I dont have too much time to goof around. Maybe in the fall when things are slowing down i can figure out what they are getting with it. Had i thought about it I would have asked the tech but they were packing up to get out of the way while we were there, and they went to eat lunch while we mowed it down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)