Local Channel Connector (LCC) Not Detected Error 794

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Support Forum' started by fatpug, Jul 3, 2019.

1. fatpug

fatpug Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Family

Today I have a couple new channels listed on the guide. They are local over the air channels. When I click on them I receive the LCC 794 error.

How can I get a LCC? Can I install it without DirecTv service coming to the house?

I have tried to call support one time and tried chat one time. Both times they are clueless on LCC.

Any suggestions on how to get an LCC?

Thanks

2. raoul5788

raoul5788 Studebaker driver Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU! Supporting Founder Lifetime Supporter

Keep calling. Eventually you should get someone that knows about it. You still may not get one. You are supposed to be in an area with an ota channel dispute although some have gotten one without the dispute.

3. texasbrit

texasbrit SatelliteGuys Pro Pub Member / Supporter

The channels are in your guide by accident. In general you won't get an LCC unless oneof the main network affiliates in your area is in dispute with DirecTV.

4. Rlanham

Rlanham SatelliteGuys Pro

Just got off the phone with DirecTV.. Was in DirecTV telephone hell, until I got someone at tech support who knew what I was talking about.
    They are sending me one via UPS, no charge, but I have to sign for it. And yes, I have a local Fox channel that is in dispute with Nexstar for the last month.
    I have a genie HR54. Hopefully this will prevent disputes in the future, as I can get NBC, FOX and ABC easily with indoor flat antenna, it was just that I couldn't record
    until I got the LCC from DirecTV. Using this link, shows I will get 12 strong channels with the adapter. https://signalstrength.directv.com/

raoul5788 likes this.

Separate names with a comma.

More...