local guide now free??

I have a 622 and do not subscribe to locals. I only get locals OTA. About a week ago, I started getting OTA guide data for all my channels. Tonight, the guide data is gone and I'm back to "Digital Service" on all the OTA channels.

Now that I know that Dish Network has the capability to enable guide data for OTA channels, how can I get them to turn it back on?

I did a reboot but my OTA local info did not appear. But what is funny is i switched over to WA from my EA setup and received the OTA info on some channels i get from another market.

Mine disappeared last night and today I had to reboot and the OTA's came back. But all the timers disappeared along w/ the guide info. It is very fortunate that I had the timers from a few weeks stored in the remote. I have a 722K. Now putting in the timers from the remote wasn't the end of it though I had to go in and fix most of them. All the OTA ones had no timers, so I had to go in and edit them. If they were new ones. I had to go in and change it to all and save. Then I had to go back and put it back to new and then they seem to have stayed. Some of the sat ones also had problems & had to do same as w/ OTA. Not all had a problem though so don't know why some did and some didn't. Will see if they are still there in the morn after tonight's update. Oh just remember all the weekly timers had problems too. Those I had to delete and replace.

I have a 622 and do not subscribe to locals. I only get locals OTA. About a week ago, I started getting OTA guide data for all my channels. Tonight, the guide data is gone and I'm back to "Digital Service" on all the OTA channels.

Now that I know that Dish Network has the capability to enable guide data for OTA channels, how can I get them to turn it back on?

In order to get the local EPG information for OTA channels you have to subscribe to the locals. I have to use an OTA for my local channels due to NLOS for a western arc install at my apartment complex. All my channels say "Digital Service" since I do not have the satellite where the information comes from. As far as why they started working for some and stopped, I am not sure what happened there but if you would like you can PM me your account information and I can take a look to see what happened.

Last edited:
OK, now I'm getting confused (What's new?). I have the 722K with the OTA mod installed. I just recently put up an OTA antenna for the mod. I subscribe to my local through Dish. Now when I bring up the guide I have my locals showing like I've always had. Then I have my OTA locals showing in yellow, but on those some have the program info and others just say "Digital Service". Like CBS, which is WLKY, 32.01, shows the program info from both the dish and the OTA , but WLKY, 32.02, shows only "Digital Service" in yellow. Likewise, RetroTV, which I believe is ION, 21.04, only shows "Digital Service".
So is this the way it should be?

Ghpr13:confused:

But, how do some of the subs that Dish does not offer have guide data and some say Digital service. Where does the guide data come from.

But, how do some of the subs that Dish does not offer have guide data and some say Digital service. Where does the guide data come from.
The data is coming from the satellite with your local guide information for your satellite, we get the information from Tribune Media Services. Do you have an example of a channel? I am going to research this today and try to get an answer.

I have been trying to get locals and Dish keeps telling me that my zip code is not available for locals but my neighbor one house down has had the locals and it is the same zip code. My zip is 22947. We are 12 miles from Charlottesville, VA which is 22901 if that helps. Just curious why I can't get locals. I would like to get the guide info

I have been trying to get locals and Dish keeps telling me that my zip code is not available for locals but my neighbor one house down has had the locals and it is the same zip code. My zip is 22947. We are 12 miles from Charlottesville, VA which is 22901 if that helps. Just curious why I can't get locals. I would like to get the guide info
If you want to send me your account number I can take a look.

thank you for the quick response. My account # is: 8271 XXXX XXXX XXXX

(Please send your info to him via Private Message.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mobile, Al channel wkrg 005-02,03 have guide data, but 007-01,02 and 03 have no data. Is this PSIP data or from Tribune. I subscribe to Dish locals and have not problem with the guide data on their channels, but why do I get some guide data on sub channels and yet no guide data on others.

I just got an answer back on this. If you have the locals in the mapdown area and we have the channel on our satellite, then the info will "translate" to the OTA channels. If we do not carry the local channel or you do not have SAT locals in the mapdown are then it will show digital service. Also with some of the sub channels we have negotiated to get the info with that channel, which is also why some of the sub channels show the same information as the regular channel.