Local OTA Channel Scan brings in UHD, ESPN, HGTV, Food….

joep

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Woodland Hills, CA
Why does this happen? With the exception of UHD, I only hear the audio for the above channels. The UHD channel displays numerous tiny screen boxes of video. Does anyone know what this is?

Depending on your location, it could be the new USD TV service that actually uses digtal over-the-air spectrum to transmit a small package of popular cable channels for I think like $10 a month. Since you probably aren't a subscriber to USD TV, you are only getting the audio, like on scrambled cable channels.

DBSOgre said:
Depending on your location, it could be the new USD TV service that actually uses digtal over-the-air spectrum to transmit a small package of popular cable channels for I think like $10 a month. QUOTE]

I don’t think it is that. Why would UHD (an HD channel) be one of those channels in the scan? The others include HGTV and Food Network. Anybody else out there experience this?

UHD is probably an error on Voom's part. A lot of people have posted about having problems with basic channels showing up where local channels should be.

There has been some problems with ESPN/Starz but never satellite channels showing up in local channels. If it is appearing in local channels, it is probably that other service. Question is do you still get them through the channel number that they are supposed to be on?

Sean Mota said:
Question is do you still get them through the channel number that they are supposed to be on?

Yes, I still get UHD on 501, I think and HGTV on 615 and Food on 616. I will take a scan when I get home and post it.

Local OTA scan Pics with HGTV, USD, ESPN

Yeah, I guess USDTV must be testing in the LA market...See attached.

Attachments

• DSC00157B.JPG
    DSC00157B.JPG
    671.4 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC00171.JPG
    DSC00171.JPG
    643.2 KB · Views: 285
Sorry to hear that. Your HD OTA is most likely gonna suffer PQ problems if your local affiliates are selling bandwidth to USDTV. Yuck. Id get a cold sinking feeling if I ever scan that bullsh$t onto my reciever.

I second the "yuck". I have no problems with competitive services in general, and I can see why the service is attractive to some, but when it starts cutting into the local digital spectrum...

I didn't know they had gotten as far as L.A. yet.

Technically they are not in LA yet. According to their website, they are only in Albuquerque, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. I really don’t know why I am picking up the signal other than the fact that they might be testing the LA market. I don’t believe my antenna is large enough to pick up a signal from Las Vegas which is about 270 miles away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts