Local PBS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BBfromCA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Our local PBS station (KVIE, Sacramento) is broadcasting in Widescreen HD.
Dish is only carrying them in SD format(4X3 with sidebars) and parts of words are cut off. The guide also does not show it as an HD station.
I chatted with Dish and they said they would put in a "program request". I have heard this before.
Anyone have any information on if and/or when Dish will be carrying local PBS stations in HD?

PBS & HD

I used to work for a PBS station and still have friends that work for them. PBS has told them that ANY thing submitted for play on PBS has to be at least 16X9 if not HD & 16X9. So they are pushing to go nothing but digital and trying to go with nothing but HD programming. Time will tell if this is going to work for them.

I read a newspaper article on line that said that if Dish were allowed to bring in out of market networks when the local DMA did not have that network, they would uplink/provide local HD PBS stations in all DMA's where they currently have HD LIL by some time next year.

Do you get decent OTA reception? Check out TVfool dot com and see what they say you should get. If your close enough to the transmitters you might be able to use rabbit ears and pick up your PBS stations in full HD.

I've got a good out door antenna that I use to supplement the dish channels and it picks a couple of PBS stations that broadcast in full wide screen HD.