Locals / 2 different areas of the country

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jerrynalley

Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
DC / Tx
I live in Virginia ( DC area ) and also Live in DFW.
I travel between the 2 locations for months at a time. My Directv originates in Virginia.
I brought my HD DVR box with me to texas.
But i am getting no locals. It says searching for Sat. but all other channell work fine.
Is there a way for me to get my networks ( ABC , NBC, and so on )

I do not want to purchase another account when im in Texas.
My family stays at our Va. home year round.

I hope some one has a fix or explanation.

Thank You :confused:

You can't do what you want thru D*.

If you had a summer/winter home setup, you would just call D* and change your service address from , say they winter home, to the summer home. Later you would call them back and change the service address back to the winter home when you moved again. This would get your locals reset to your current location.

Since you say your family stays in one location year round, you can;t get 2 sets of locals thru D* as they are on spotbeamms sent to one local area and FFC ruls say you can't get more than 1. You could try a OTA setup at one location and use receivers with OTA tuners. Or your could "move" to an area of the country that has NO locals and then qualify for distant networks - but that would not get your locals and would be another story!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts