Locals and AAD?

Gant

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 30, 2007
Planet Earth
If I sign up with All American Direct and get the west coast network feeds, will I lose my Kansas City locals?

If...

If you are eligible for AAD feeds then it will not affect anything that you currently have through dish. I'm guessing that you have your locals through dish.
Gerry

Yes, I receive my KC locals through Dish. I'm considering using an eligible address (not my own) for AAD. Do AAD and Dish compare addresses to determine eligibility?

Last edited:
Yes, I receive my KC locals through Dish. I'm considering using an eligible address (not my own) for AAD. Do AAD and Dish compare addresses to determine eligibility?

No, they are two different companies.

Maybe - It Depends

It is possible to get both.

It depends exactly where you are located. If the OTA signal strength is low (below a so called Grade B signal) in your area, you will qualify for the AAD provided stations.

This has nothing to do what locals you get from Dish. I know I qualify for everything but I don't need the distants.

All you need to do is go to the AAD Qualification Page and enter all the requested information for an instant answer.

Ya it's possible. I have Charlotte, NC from Dish, New York and San Francisco in SD from AAD, plus LA and Chicago in HD.

What are the latest price points from AAD for their HD offerings? I know six months ago or so they were outrageously high...have they lowered them to a more reasonable level?

4.99 each HD each City LA,Chicago
18.99 per city if you qualify for all 4 networks

it used to be 9.99 each network , each city

i don't know the cost of the standard definition channels

What are the latest price points from AAD for their HD offerings? I know six months ago or so they were outrageously high...have they lowered them to a more reasonable level?
They are still way too high. I would say the vast majority of ADD (especially HD) subs have no other way to see the networks.

Put your address into their website here and find out.
I too provided a link earlier in post number 6. Just scroll over ADD Qualification Page in the text to see it.

I just wish there was some way to get the Superstations and at least a PBS feed in HD. PBS in HD is super! Even the new Sesame Street's (since about Sept 2009) look great. Nova is my personal favorite. I also have the luxury of getting WVIA(44) Scranton OTA. But many do not have this option.

I tried to order online but their server is throwing PHP scripting errors when I try to submit the order.

If I call them, will they give me any hassle about having a physical address in the northeast and a billing address in the midwest?

4.99 each HD each City LA,Chicago
18.99 per city if you qualify for all 4 networks

it used to be 9.99 each network , each city

i don't know the cost of the standard definition channels

Sd is $14.99 for ABC,CBS,FOX,NBC in NY and SF. To get HD in 2 cities for the same networks is $37.98. To get that price you need to have the SD package. For $40 you can get every Premium channel dish offers. Seemed to me to be a too high a price for commercial ladden HD networks.

In addition I found out the HD qualification is sperate from the SD qualification. Even though I had waivers for all the SD networks, I was told they would have to get additional waivers for the HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)