Locals / DNS Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cal87

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Cutting Edge
Aug 3, 2005
Tracy, CA
I have been a D* subscriber since 1996. I had the distant networks when I first subscribed. When I moved in 2000, I changed to the locals in my area (I know, big mistake). Would I be eligible for the distants again if I asked? Is this all moot because the rules are changing?

Nope, if you live in a LIL market, you can't get distants, period - waivers or not, LOS f/the locals satellite, etc, doesn't matter.

The rules for this came about last October.

Not completely true because I get CBS HD DNS since my local station is not at full power yet and is an O&O station.

HD id the exception. If your station is O&O you get HD version...but you can't get distant SD channels :)

Iceberg said:
HD id the exception. If your station is O&O you get HD version...but you can't get distant SD channels :)

Correct & that is ONLY temporary, until D* puts up your local HD channels on the new birds - once they are put up, they WILL be taking away all those HD distants in those HD LIL markets as they launch, REGARDLESS if your local station is full power or not. (since it will be on DBS, it won't matter to you ;) )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)