Locals free?

astral

Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Central Maine
Is Dish Network including locals with a package? I have the 250.Yesterday I went on chat and asked if I was suppose to be getting them with my package and they said yes, I said I don't get them and so I got a hit and now recieve my locals. Then later I went to my account and it stated I added new programing! I didn't see any amount or charges. For me they're not worth paying for. Thanks for any help.

Locals are included in all packages now. So if you even upgrade to a higher package or downgrade you will get them

They are not free,Dish just includes the price of locals in their packages.So basically you were paying for them and not getting them.Hopefully it wasn't a long term thing.

It is actually most likely you just added $5 to your bill. You may have had a Grandfathered account that did not include locals at the time. Unfortunately if that's the case you will not be able to go back. You will be able to tell by looking at what you were paying for the 250 package, and what the current cost is. If you were paying $5 less than now advertised, you will also now be paying $5 more.

Ordering PPV will also force the change in your base package to change to include locals[and the $5.00 month increase].
It basically appears any kind of contact with Dish now and they make the change to include locals[add PPV,Sling,BB,premium channels,free promotions].

Not a good move from Dish,as a few subscribers do not need locals via Dish with the $5 charge.
Why order a PPV that will end up costing you $60 bucks a year.

Is there a way around being made to take locals?
It is not like I am changing my base pack 250 no locals to say 200.Just want the option of getting things available without being forced locals on to monthly bill.

1. They are not free.
2. Do not assume he has been paying for them, his bill may go up by $5/mo now.
3. Whenever anyone has any transaction/contact with Dish locals will be added, without notification or permission, and will be billed extra for it, and they can't be removed.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/267511-ordered-sling-everyone-forced-add-locals.html

This is true, but if you get the right agent you can get the locals removed. Not sure if they're supposed to remove them, but if you were on a grandfathered $64.99/m AT250 they can.

This is true, but if you get the right agent you can get the locals removed. Not sure if they're supposed to remove them, but if you were on a grandfathered $64.99/m AT250 they can.

Where did you get that from? They will remove them I suppose, but not lower the price.

Where did you get that from? They will remove them I suppose, but not lower the price.
Removing the locals will get you $5 off the AT packages but yes, getting them removed would be very difficult and most likely only possible/sanctioned if you were previously on a grandfathered package with no locals and they were added without your permission.

Last edited: