Locals in HD Rollout?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
Just make it real easy; launched by DMA rank number, and that list has been posted 100 times.

No, it appears they aren't activating the cities within the group by dma, it's more random than that. The dmas were just used to group the cities that will be getting them in the next few months.

Pittsburg and seattle have higher dmas than hartford, that's what I meant by larger.

I called D* four times a little while ago and asked the same question with four different CSRs in regards to the Nashville,TN area HD locals and got the same answer all four times.They all said that Nashville HD locals will light up in April,no specific date was given by any of the CSRs,just sometime in April.

Hey guys,
when the HD locals roll out in my area, do I have to do anything or will i just start receiving them? I don't have an OTA does that matter? What channel might I find them on? I live in West Palm FLA.

Tbone1616 said:
Hey guys,
when the HD locals roll out in my area, do I have to do anything or will i just start receiving them? I don't have an OTA does that matter? What channel might I find them on? I live in West Palm FLA.

isent it a lil hot down there for you michigan fan?

Andrew, I have an H10 Direct TV HD receiver

whats the saying? You can take the boy outta the North...but you can't take the North outta the boy? Besides, when the Wolverines come down here to play in some "who-cares" bowl game in January? I don't have to travel nearly as far!!!!!

Tbone1616 said:

whats the saying? You can take the boy outta the North...but you can't take the North outta the boy? Besides, when the Wolverines come down here to play in some "who-cares" bowl game in January? I don't have to travel nearly as far!!!!!

That's funny!

Sincerely,
Big Michigan State Fan! :D

Tbone1616 said:

H10's won't work.

Tbone1616 said:

Sorry buddy
You gotha join the H20 Club :D

Brief overview of an e-mail I received from D* a short while ago: Dear Mr. ***,We've got good news!We've begun to roll out local HD programming.We're already serving select cities and hope to add others by the end of the year.We plan to launch local channels in HD on Nashville,TN on April 19,2006.Since you already have two H20 receivers and a 5LNB dish,local channels in HD in your area will automatically be added on your programming line up.Sincerely, D* Customer Service....Has anyone else received an e-mail from D* like this? :confused:

Hey guys, one last one...will the H20 receiver work with the triple/oval dish? Do I have to upgrade that too?

Tbone1616 said:
Hey guys, one last one...will the H20 receiver work with the triple/oval dish? Do I have to upgrade that too?
The H20 will work with any dish, but to get locals and upcoming mpeg4 HD channels via DirecTV, you need the 5LNB dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.