Locals Only

To remain a competitive business, a certain level of discretion is required regarding price changes - this is true for all Pay TV providers. However, unlike our competitors, we mailed over 11 million letters in addition to issuing an official press release to notify our customers of the changes. Scott here on Satguys posted that information when the press release happened. Please know it was never our intention for our customers to be uninformed and I apologize if you didn't receiver any of the communications we issued.

Like other Pay TV providers, our business rules require all customers to subscribe to one core package. As part of a cleanup for an upcoming system conversion, we identified a few accounts, such as accounts that had "locals only", that did not meet these rules. The good news is that we moved those customers to a great, low-priced package. This package includes Comedy Central, TBS, AMC, MSNBC, and many others and it costs only 14.99 a month with locals, an increase of only $5 and with the added benefit of additional programming. The move was a requirement and we tried to make the cost manageable.

Why is your bill going up $5.00 in six months if you have the Welcome Pack and only (?) one receiver? The Welcome Pack is only $14.99 a month with locals.

The $16 that I paid for a month for locals only *included* the DVR fee.

Now, I will pay $14.99 plus $6 for the DVR--$20.99 per month, but I will pay $15.99 for 6 months.

they're probably going to be forcing everyone off old packages...in the last 3 months they have removed folks who had
DishPix (the OLD pick 10 channels for $15)
Absolute
and now Locals only

and they are forcing folks who have just Internationals to get either locals or the "international base pack" which is just some PI channels.

The $16 that I paid for a month for locals only *included* the DVR fee.

Now, I will pay $14.99 plus $6 for the DVR--$20.99 per month, but I will pay $15.99 for 6 months.

How did you get the $5.00 credit for six months? I was with Dish for over 12 years and they told me they couldn't give me any credit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts