locals pixelating/jutter

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
I'm noticing this on all my Pittsburgh HD locals, but can't seem to reproduce it on any HD non-locals. Anyone else with Pittsburgh locals seeing this? I hope it's not my receiver. It happens every few seconds, pixelating, macroblocking, juttering.

EDIT: thanks for changing the thread title, since it wasn't just confined to Pgh locals.

Last edited:
Must be the national feeds then, because Columbus is on WA and my Pittsburgh locals are on EA. If it were uplink issues, would they occur on both 129 and 61.5?

Glad to hear it isn't just me, also glad I have OTA as a backup. It seems to occur on quick moving scenes or scene transitions only.

There have been reports of pixelation reported through several DMA's. We were just notified that there is maintenance going on and this is causing the pixelation. This should be resolved shortly.

Thanks, Jason. What cleared up about a half ago is back. The screen froze for about 5 seconds and now the problem has returned. Hope the maintenance doesn't take too much longer.

so much for my Dust Bowl recording. I have NO/ZERO faith that this will be magically resolved in the next hour or so. Strange......maitenence that screws up your picture? Maybe they should rethink how they do that or do it at 3 in the morning....NOT IN PRIMETIME. In 12 years with Direct....I NEVER had this issue.

I agree, if this was scheduled it was not good at all to do this. The post we got just said maintenance, so that is what comes out of my hands to subscribers. It started with just 3 locals, then cascaded into about 25 areas. I don't think they could have planned something like that, but you never know with engineers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts